PDA

View Full Version : Indian Air Regulation Exam

HS125
16th Jan 2011, 13:25
Hi All,

I have just received a contract that stipulates that to extend an Indian validation of an FAA licence beyond 3 months crews are required to complete an exam on Indian Air Regulations.

Does anyone know of any study material for this, or any advice generally?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

reynar
17th Jan 2011, 00:31
2 very good books you will require are Air Regulations, vol 1 and 2, written by wg cdr R.H. Bali. can be purchased in Mumbai at Sterling book store. PM me for more info. Regards Mel

itsbrokenagain
17th Jan 2011, 00:53
And dont be suprised to fail, I failed, and many others have. One guy who had really good connections and whos company paid the 'fees' failed 3 times! He unfortunately had to sit this new computerized system, the old system was much fairer thanks to the very very dodgy exam and the fee system.

But expect totally irrelevant questions, there is no syllabus. You will get questions on helicopters, airline flights, questions on first solo limitations, licensing etc etc... I still remember one... To be a Helicopter ATPL holder you must have how many total flight hours, a)1000 B)1800 C)2000 d)500 ..... not one answer was correct or even close to it!! I am not a chopper pilots too, so god only knows why I had about 5 chopper questions!

good luck you will need it!

HS125
18th Jan 2011, 02:02
Thanks for the info!

Aaah, fun and games it sounds just like the early days of JAA! I remember when we had questions with answers to different questions, for the wrong subject, in french etc etc. Deep joy!