PDA

View Full Version : FAA licence from a JAA.

Flarechecklevel
16th Jan 2011, 01:18
Hi guys. I am not a regular on here so forgive me if this has been asked already and I haven't seen it. I've searched through past posts but the nearest answer I can find to my question is dated 2006 ... And things change so quickly.

I hold a UK issued JAA CPL (H) with IR. I am fully current, flying in the UK, VFR and IFR for a UK operator and have 4500 hours. All my exams are to ATPL level but because I am not flying a multi crew type, I do not hold the JAA ATPL. I do hold the MCC certificate.

I want to gain my FAA CPL/ATPL with IR and wish to get a heads up on how to go about doing it?

I would expect: - Paper work..., Exams ..., Verification of licenses ... and flight tests.

Can any/all of it be carried in the UK?

I would expect flight tests, so wonder what Heli they would be done on? I have never flown the R22 or 44 as I came through the military system. I do hold AS355, which I would expect to be the Heli of choice for any MEIR check?

Any help or steerage would be welcomed.

Thanks for taking the time.

FCL.

Epiphany
16th Jan 2011, 01:49
Check your PM's.

Flarechecklevel
16th Jan 2011, 02:17
Have checked ... Nothing in.

Peter PanPan
16th Jan 2011, 07:57
Hey FCL

There is no such thing as MEIR in the States, you only have Rotorcraft Helicopter rating on your certificate, all helos below 12,500 lbs do not require a type rating. So you could pass your ATP ride on a Hugues 300, it would state the exact same thing on your ATP certificate as if you had done it on a AS355. It should all be pretty straight forward!

Epiphany
16th Jan 2011, 11:44
Re-sent PM.

helirally
16th Jan 2011, 13:06
I have PM'd you as well, we do these all the time

Ready2Fly
17th Jan 2011, 10:32
I have a similiar interest and hold a JAA CPL(H). I would appreciate the same info by pm.

TIA :ok: