PDA

View Full Version : Air India to Double Fleet Size

koolchaos3188
15th Jan 2011, 18:23
Air India Ltd. plans to double its fleet size to 272 planes over five years in the country's fast-growing aviation market, even as the national carrier strives to cut costs and reduce losses.
"Based on the studies our consultants have done, the Indian aviation market will grow to 150 million passengers by 2015 from the current 72 million, and a company has to expand in a growing market," said Gustav Baldauf, Air India's first chief operating officer.
The airline, with a current fleet size of 135, plans to lease 107 planes by the end of 2015, he told Dow Jones Newswires in a recent interview.
In addition, Air India expects to take delivery of 30 planes from Boeing Co., which forms part of the 111-plane order from Boeing and Airbus in 2005, said Mr. Baldauf, who joined the carrier in April.

B737NG
16th Jan 2011, 08:36
I have seen an advert on Rishworth´s website that they need urgently Pilots. The condition sounds like AirIndia. Try it and you may know more about it.

But the target in India is still to have as less Expats as possible. Even the Austrian Chap in the Office try´s hard to number the people there in advance, the Indian plan is to have as less Expats as possible. Period !

I would not have too many hopes, the last boom in India was in 2006/7 and it vanished fast again. Until now you cannot built a fundamental carreer because you may end up on the road again and look for a Job. When they release the pilots again you have a higher number of competetors. Contract Pilots have to look after themselves again first, there is no "big" help. You can tell a friend of a job and he takes it and you are bootet out that way. That is why you often get the information from Friends later then from any other source if they are looking themselves.

Getting the answer from the relevant Department as a outsider is difficult as well if you do not have the direct contact to the person in charge. Remember you are not the only guy who is looking for information, others do as well and if everybody calls once a week to follow up the promise from last week, the phone companies make a fortune.....

Fly safe and land happy

NG

vserian
17th Jan 2011, 03:01
I really doubt that they would double the fleet within 5 year...I mean we are already putting up few B777s on sale and the B787s are coming soon which may put another few B777s on the sale list.

By the Way Air India is hiring pilots but you cant see it because its happening behind your back.

cyrilroy21
17th Jan 2011, 06:31
By the Way Air India is hiring pilots but you cant see it because its happening behind your back.

Not surprised :hmm: :mad:

bowing
8th Feb 2011, 05:51
must be double the fraudster pilots with their hours...!!!!!!!:ugh:as well:}

Sky Dancer
8th Feb 2011, 07:30
Well thats planning at its best.A dying carrier which is dying a slow death , will now just get to it's final destination faster.:ok: