PDA

View Full Version : Kev Rosie

Canadian Break
15th Jan 2011, 15:05
It is with much sadness that I have to report the death in hospital in Oman yesterday of Kev Rosie. Although now a civilian, Kev was still very much part of the Fighter Control family, and I'm sure he was well known to the WIWOL fraternity after his time at StaxtonWold. Thoughts are with Ky and the children. One thing is for sure, there will be a hell of a ruckus upstairs! So Kev, God Speed and I'm sure there will be many glasses raised to you over the next few days.
CB

SirToppamHat
15th Jan 2011, 16:05
Sincere condolences to his family, a very, very sad loss. Rest In Peace Kev.

STH

Sentry Agitator
15th Jan 2011, 17:09
A very sad day.

I had the pleasure of learning a great deal from Kev and will look back at being able to share many a Q-shift with enormous pride for having known him too. My thoughts are also with the family and I shall lift a drink to the big fella tonight.

33 off @ 20 crossing right to left 2000 above. Maintain heading and speed

SA

chester2
15th Jan 2011, 23:52
Very sad news, I can still taste some of the curries he cooked in Cyprus. Our thoughts are with Kyra and the chidren.

Wyler
16th Jan 2011, 00:05
One of my closest friends and Godfather to my eldest daughter. A tremendous character, professional to the last and great company.
We partied from the Falklands to Kuala Lumpur to Penang to Oman to Oslo to Amsterdam and all over the UK.
He leaves behind a fantastic wife and 3 wonderful children.

I have raised more than a few tonight with a mutual friends. The hangover tomorrow will be worth it.

RIP mate.

Suffolk_Punch
16th Jan 2011, 18:49
I didn't serve with Kev, but his reputation went far and wide, as has already been mentioned. RIP and sincere condolences to his family.

May I also point PPRuNers to a similar thread at the RAF FCA website (http://www.raffca.org.uk/cgi-bin/fca1/YaBB.pl?num=1295090407)?

Agatha
16th Jan 2011, 18:53
The Fighter Control Family is definitely less vibrant and colourful now. RIP Kev - once met, never forgotten.:(

Mystic Greg
16th Jan 2011, 21:04
Truly shocking news. It is so sad to have lost such a larger-than-life character so young. What times we all had in Kev's company! My condolences to his family.

RIP

Jabba_TG12
17th Jan 2011, 06:59
Once met, never forgotten. RIP Kev. Sincere condolences to Kyra & the Rosie family.

melmothtw
17th Jan 2011, 07:39
I used to worked with Kev at BAE and was shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Farrell
17th Jan 2011, 12:00
Just found out a few hours ago about Kev's passing.
Met him and his family in Markaz a couple of weeks ago and he was his usual jolly-self.
He will be sorely missed by everyone here in Oman.

skippedonce
17th Jan 2011, 15:10
Kev truly deserved the accolade 'legend'. One of the greats, both as a controller and all-round good bloke; he will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family.

S.O.

Wyler
23rd Jan 2011, 19:29
Kev's funeral is on 4 Feb at 3.45pm. Croydon Crematorium and afterwards at the Farleigh Court Golf Club.
All details on the FCA Website.
RSVP to Chris Benn.

Judging by early responses it will be one hell of a send off. :ok:

Wpn Systems Orator
27th Jan 2011, 10:29
Very sad news - I worked with Kev in the 80's but since then, unfortunately, our paths never crossed again. I remember him, probably like everyone else who had the pleasure of knowing him, as a top bloke - RIP mate.

Inspector Dreyfuss
29th Jan 2011, 08:02
See you at the funeral.

I am still stunned.