PDA

View Full Version : EU corporate/charter company difference

suhoi27
14th Jan 2011, 15:33
If the owner wants to sell the aircraft in avinode-like patter, sure he has to go to charter AOC which is based fully on EU OPS! How about if he wants to use the aircarft for its company employees only-in this case I would call it private?! why then the so called "corporate" what is the difference in between them? which legislation applies?:sad:

choxs
14th Jan 2011, 20:42
There is a massive difference which has been covered in numeous theads before....

All I will say is read EU-OPS1 and for an idiot guide the CAA also have a leaflet on there website.

Im sorry but this really gets me angry when an owner of an aircraft thinks they can just charter out an aircrat and not know the difference between private and commecial.

suhoi27
14th Jan 2011, 21:39
actually I did the whole paper work in my previous company going from private to charter, however as appears private and corporate goes under the same local legislation which basically makes the difference quite an invisible. For example: if you go corporate, you have an AOC and you gotta have some more personnel as well...if you go totally private you still have to have the same personnel,but no AOC..kind of crazy....In either of both cases,the AOC is very limited:*

HS125
15th Jan 2011, 07:42
It depends which register you're operating on.

If it is a truly private only operation and you're being made to jump through all the AOC hoops then the owner is spunking vast quantities of money for no reason.

In the case of a single aircraft with a part private, part charter usage pattern YES you need an AOC, YES all flights need to be conducted to AOC standards but in practice you're going to be better off in with an existing charter company with multiple aircraft, ideally of the same type rather than setting up a certificate in house.

suhoi27
15th Jan 2011, 07:49
Actually I like this idea-being under someone's AOC. The bloody EGO problem comes along here...won't be an easy task to convince owners to open their minds,already obscured by some female species :}

His dudeness
15th Jan 2011, 08:05
Sukhoi27
If the owner wants to sell the aircraft in avinode-like patter, sure he has to go to charter AOC which is based fully on EU OPS!

next sentence:

How about if he wants to use the aircarft for its company employees only-in this case I would call it private?! why then the so called "corporate" what is the difference in between them? which legislation applies?

Choxs:

Im sorry but this really gets me angry when an owner of an aircraft thinks they can just charter out an aircrat and not know the difference between private and commecial.

As a non native english speaker, I wonder if Sukhoi27 has asked if the airplane can be chartered out? When I read the qeustion, I feel he wants to know what the difference between private and coorperate is.

The answer to that is IMO that CURRENTLY there is no difference, but EASA is amaing at that part of aviation with EASAops that are in development right now.

Seeing the reactions I´m probably wrong....

suhoi27
15th Jan 2011, 13:49
I have thoroughly red all those threads and as it seems there are no strict,if any, rules/differences between private and corporate. Charter is another story I am much more familiar with. Actually the lack of such a rules/legislation makes me ask silly questions-however relying on inspector's subjective mood is not a good starting point. In either way I will check how many personnel CAA will require from us and if the numbers are close to EU OPS based ,AOC operator, we will directly go this way.