PDA

View Full Version : DGCA CPL Examination Questions (2010)

Kheri
14th Jan 2011, 08:37
Hello everyone ,

I have heard that DGCA has changed the pattern of its Nav , Met and Air Regs examination in the past 6 months or so . It would be of great help if someone can post some questions that came in the recent ( 6 months- 1 year) examinations.

Ps- I have already searched the forum and found only 1 thread with questions on Air regs .

Thanks

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2011, 09:07
For CPLCG
last nav attempt

90% of questions were taken from oxford atpl books .
Some were taken from GSP flight instruments.
The Met was all general MET questions no Indian climatology
In nav there has been a general trend to ask more questions from radio aids and Instruments instead of general nav .
Last attempt only 3 questions came from general nav out the 100:eek:

For regs I have no idea where the questions were asked but all general regs questions . Nothing pertaining to Indian regulations .
About 10 questions from Human factors were asked .

Nobody can predict what they will be asking next , hence its best to be prepared for everything by having your fundamentals strong :ok:

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2011, 10:13
Also two new topics that are being added are

1. Communications
2. Operational procedures

A couple of questions that were asked from the above topics appeared in NAV and most of the questions came for regs :ugh:

cyrilroy21
14th Jan 2011, 11:02
If you want a detailed version of the syllabus then you can find it here

http://www.dgca.nic.in/misc/draft%20cars/Pilot%20Syllabus(draft).pdf

You can find it under CPL (A)

Even though its still under draft form they have already implemented it since the last attempt :hmm:

Kheri
14th Jan 2011, 13:11
@cyrilroy ,
really appreciate your effort man ... that surely helped .
I myself am a firm believer in getting the fundamentals right. In the long run , we should aim to become GOOD, COMPETENT pilots and not just pilots.

also , if anyone can up with some questions ( from memory or if you have somehow sneaked through a paper from the exam hall :E) ... would really help me and others

thanks

estranged soul
15th Jan 2011, 00:04
I myself am a firm believer in getting the fundamentals right. In the long run , we should aim to become GOOD, COMPETENT pilots and not just pilots.

so Im "just a pilot" .. while I always thought I was fairly "GOOD" enough and "COMPETENT". :(

oh yeah, how can I be good and competent, when my Commercial and ATP exams were merely 60 questions and took no more than 2 hours to finish ?

I sure am lucky that I've managed to command a big jet incident free, no runway incursions or airspace violations et al the last decade !

of course, I do have a lot of friends in India who are really good and competent and have landed on wrong runways, not able to plan descent profiles profiles, unable to do simple time and fuel calculations in flight, set off alarms while smoking in the cockpit and grazed wingtips while taxiing. (perhaps DGCA exams could include these in their syllabi )

Kheri
17th Jan 2011, 14:18
well I didn't mean to offend anybody , if I did then i take my statement back .

all I want is some questions with the new pattern .

peace