PDA

View Full Version : Emirates EK409 Food

adelguy
14th Jan 2011, 05:42
I am just after some assistance, I am travelling on EK409 departing Melbourne at 2.35am to Dubai via Kuala Lumper. I am travelling business class however don't know what food will be served during the flight.

If anyone has flown this route, will I be served breakfast or will the first meal be an evening meal. If you could help me out on this question it would be great.

akerosid
14th Jan 2011, 06:03
Have you tried Emirates? They may have a dedicated Business Class telephone number; they should be able to help you and they may even be able to email you sample menus.

Skystar320
14th Jan 2011, 11:30
This is a Vegan flight.

frogone
14th Jan 2011, 12:25
I flew with EK recently business class and when I asked for the my first choice the crew said they didn't have it! So there's no guarantee you'll get what's on the menu!

dwlpl
14th Jan 2011, 12:45
Business Class Dining | Dining | Flying with Emirates | Emirates United Kingdom (http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/flying/dining/business_class.aspx)

on time all the time
14th Jan 2011, 15:17
Dear adelguy,

What a bizarre question....can't you wait and have a surprise....You may find that Emirates will send you samples if you ask nicely....Why do people want to know everything beforehand.....what a bizarre world we live in, scared of the unknown...

British Grenadier
14th Jan 2011, 19:16
Some how i can't see bacon butties in the equation ............:{

Hotel Tango
14th Jan 2011, 21:15
I think some of you have missed the question. The poster wants to know if with a 2.35 AM departure the first meal will be dinner or breakfast.

adelguy, is this information not given with your full itinerary?

adelguy
15th Jan 2011, 04:13
Thanks Hotel yes that all I need to know is it breakfast or dinner, due to it being a strange time for a flight to depart as its between dinner and breakfast.
Unfortunately its not shown in the itinerary.

"On all the time" why is this such a bizarre question ? breakfast is alot lighter than dinner. I tend not to eat in the lounge if I am being served dinner on the flight, however breakfast is a lot lighter and I would eat in the lounge prior to take off ?

Thanks for everyone's else reply if only they served bacon butties it would be bliss!!!!

crippen
15th Jan 2011, 07:55
Thanks for everyone's else reply if only they served bacon butties it would be bliss!!!!

Do they do bacon in the sandpit???:=

Avionker
15th Jan 2011, 08:55
Personally, with a departure at that time I would be eating before I got on board. Then as soon as the seat belt signs went off, I would be reclining the seat and hanging a "Do Not Disturb" sign around my neck.....

Joao da Silva
15th Jan 2011, 09:07
Do they do bacon in the sandpit???:=

Ever heard of beef bacon?

hellsbrink
15th Jan 2011, 10:04
Ever heard of beef bacon?

Or turkey bacon

http://www.jennieo.com/ASSETS/1EA8C81E9C06496E92E4C75FDC0B0833/Turkey%20Bacon.jpg

crippen
15th Jan 2011, 10:41
Bacon is a cured meat prepared from a pig.:p

dfdasein
15th Jan 2011, 11:54
A few years ago flew Emirates LHR- Auckland. Wife pre-ordered low calorie.
Was asked if husband would like special meal, like say, seafood. I said seafood was fine. Long journey, many meals, all seafood (smoked salmon omelette for breakfast!) Unable to get menu changed on way back and ended up swopping with wife and even having a crew meal.

on time all the time
15th Jan 2011, 16:49
a full post for someone who want to to know what he will eat on a bloody plane...that is the pb, bearing in mind that all this can be found on the airline website. That is of no interest whatsoever to the network.....Imagine if everyone was doing the same.

adelguy
15th Jan 2011, 20:55
Hey "on time all the time" this post is obviously annoying you however you keep on reading it and adding remarks to it ? !!!!!!

If you can find me specifically what the first meal would be on this specific flight with Emirates on their website then that would be a great help, however I think you will find that it doesn't hence asking the question on here!

Thanks for the remarks so far guys they keep me amused :ok:

Hotel Tango
15th Jan 2011, 21:05
:confused: otatt you don't have to read this thread if you don't like it. Bearing in mind the time of departure it's a fair enough question which, if anyone actually knows, requires a simple answer of breakfast or dinner. If you don't know the answer and can't contribute objectively just move on.

TightSlot
15th Jan 2011, 22:36
otatt is taking a break from this thread

adelguy
16th Jan 2011, 21:26
Thanks Hotel Tango - don't think I am having much luck with this post :{ might give skywards a call and see if they might know.

nebpor
17th Jan 2011, 01:03
If it helps, twice in the last year I've flown Dubai-Sydney on the 1:45am flight - first meal was dinner, then breakfast about 8 hours later

Hope that helps!

adelguy
17th Jan 2011, 09:52
It does its only an hour later so would imagine it will be dinner thanks nebpor :ok:

Load Toad
17th Jan 2011, 10:23
Why not ask y' mum to get you a packed lunch just in case? Maybe chuck in a can of pop and a Snickers.

Pete the Travel Agent
18th Jan 2011, 10:44
I can't see why this perfectly sensible question has attracted a few unhelpful replies.
If there are two meals served, one of them will be a full meal and the other more of a snack.
I took a flight with Emirates in Business with similar timings a few years ago and the first meal was a cold dinner/snack (basically just open sandwiches and some cake) and the second meal was breakfast which was served as a full hot meal.
I doubt that their Reservations will know much - the only proper answer would be from someone who has made exactly the same flight or cabin crew.

Load Toad
18th Jan 2011, 12:39
If you ask the local Emirates office they'll tell you. Often the company web site will tell you. Last year when sending my kids by Emirates to UK from HKG I asked the office staff (cos the kids wanted adult food not kids scran) & they told me straight away.

Generally, when you ask a question on a web site you can expect a decent answer but you are also obligated to explain why you need to know, what attempt you've made to find out for yourself & frankly a little 'mickey taking' shouldn't be a big issue for an adult to deal with.