PDA

View Full Version : Australians at ANA

volare_737
13th Jan 2011, 22:02
Hi there. Are there any Australians working at ANA in Japan, I would love to talk to somebody about commuting back home and about Tax.
Thanks

The Dominican
14th Jan 2011, 01:23
Pull up a chair and a glass of your favorite red folks, this should be very entertaining :}

jrmyl
14th Jan 2011, 02:36
I agree. There's only what, about 90% of them are Australian? :hmm:Well, maybe not that many but it seems like it sometimes. :p

volare_737
14th Jan 2011, 02:50
ok - sorry I ask !!!!!!!!!!

jrmyl
14th Jan 2011, 05:35
Don't be sorry. We're just having fun. The place is overflowing with Aussies. Most of them are very good guys. :ok: Hopefully one will chime in with help for you.

volare_737
14th Jan 2011, 05:51
Just pulling your leg. Looks like you are working there. Good setup ?
Does the commuting work well for most guys ?

galdian
14th Jan 2011, 07:55
jrmyl

agree 90% a bit in the low side...and have to accept 100% almost impossible

.........but 95-98% worth aiming at and achievable IMHO! ;)

Now did someone else mention a glass of red??? :ok:

cheers all
galdian

meguro
14th Jan 2011, 08:05
It is not as overwhelmed with Aussies as you may think, it was once, but not now.
We're in the middle of a protracted miserable dispute since ANA cancelled our contracts and cut the salary and days off. It has been made clear to us what we are worth to ANA and a number of guys are walking, it's a daily prospect, everyday someone leaves.
It is nothing to what it was, the yen value has devalued the contract to less than a 73 driver in Australia.
Take a look back at my revious posts, I was a supporter, not now though, they are as bad as the chinese. Their dishonesty and devious tricks have got them to the point where they cannot cover the flights, the sick leave is through the roof.
Come if you're game, but ANA have proven what they think of "contracts", they cancel and change them with impunity.

Gambate ne

heavydane
14th Jan 2011, 10:22
Hi,

I am with NCA and we are in the same boat!
I used to hold the Japanese in high regard, not anymore.
With JAL on the brink and many Japanese pilots available they have shown their true face, that they were only nice to us as long as they felt they had to.
We have a bunch of CAP leaving for the first time in NCA's history.

Regards
Heavydane

ReverseFlight
14th Jan 2011, 12:08
Kominasai to hear all that.
Sayonara.

Fratemate
14th Jan 2011, 21:28
Volare,

There is a lot of information on the ATO website regarding Australian tax. I would advise reading that, rather than seeking the views of the forum.

As for commuting, well that is one of the few things that still works properly for Aussies (not the same can be said for the Yanks). I never use ZEDs but they are available with the usual caveat about loads at certain times of the year. I enjoy the C Class option and knowing I have a guaranteed business class seat, even if it does mean travelling with Qantas. The flights leave NRT in the evening, so you can normally leave on the last day of your duty. They arrive in NRT in the morning, so it is often possible to arrive on the day of your duty, especially cargo flights which tend to leave late in the day. I normally sleep on the flight, go to the hotel and sleep there during the day and then I'm rested and ready for the night's duty.

The comments of Meguro need to be heeded. As can be seen from my previous posts, I have been a supporter but they are sorely testing my patience at the moment and morale has hit rock bottom. Very, very, sad seeing as a year or so ago, it was the only airline where nobody complained. The reduction in days off and the salary reduction have not yet hit the cargo pilots but, come April, if they do follow through with their ridiculous ideas there will be a surprising rise in sickness levels, resignations and trouble for Spud and his cronies :mad:

B737NG
15th Jan 2011, 08:31
I see it as a huge disrespect towards to people who work there and the contract is not honoured. Is the local law assisting that? Does the consultation of a Lawyer help? It seems like a Asian hobby to go that path and more disturbing: Get away with it.

The departing force is still not large enough to open some eyes or, even worse, the target is achieved by let the people go. We roundeyed and longnosed people will are obeying the words written in a contract and follow and complying with it to the last letter. Why are the traditionalists in Asia just opposite? After over 10 years I am still wondering and learning it can come worse by the day.......

Fly safe and land happy

NG

meguro
15th Jan 2011, 22:46
And for the guys thinking of coming here and the pax guys that are going to be joining cargo (wether they like it or not), we have some unbelievable sweet potato sandwiches for in flight catering! You're gonna love em!

There is one point that has not been well considered, when refering to the availability of JAL flight crews; ANA do not want to be held responsible to the labor laws of Japan, that would really mess with their duty time plans that are more suited to UAV. That's why there is no resident option, it is almost always a shore pass to enter Japan.

To elaborate on an earlier point, we now know and forever will what ANA thinks of us and what they will do at the slightest hint of opportunity to exploit people. To think I was a moderate! ha

volare_737
16th Jan 2011, 02:16
Thanks guys. Bwb - fratemate. Will do !!