PDA

View Full Version : AFT Part sponsorship scheme

SpeedBird22
11th Apr 2001, 02:38
Good Evening all,

I've just started the long depressing chore of filling in the application form for the Atlantic Flight Training PAST scheme up at Cov and am just wondering if anyone has any nice little nuggets of info that'd be worth posting for me and any others applying for the same thing.

Namely, what is the selection procedure and what form does the assessment take? How long roughly can you expect to wait after applying to hear back? How many courses do the run a year? Is it actually any good? Are Arsenal likely to take the cup and league double?

Cheers fellahs,

BAW22

funkster
11th Apr 2001, 18:18
Please could you tell me exactly where to get the form for this sponsorship, also what exactly is on offer with this scheme..?

Cheers

F

SpeedBird22
12th Apr 2001, 00:34
Yup....go to the AFT website which you can access through Coventry Airports own site @ www.coventryairport.co.uk. (http://www.coventryairport.co.uk.)

Then fill in a customer request form and ask for details of the PAST scheme. They'll send you a pack which'll explain everything. In a nutshell, if you are accepted, you'll pay for 50% of the training up to frozen ATPL standard. This amounts to about 20 grand and you'll need a PPL before you start.

Good Luck,

SB22

trolleydollylover
12th Apr 2001, 01:40
They also request an IMC. For those who can afford it it is an excellent scheme done in either Canada of South Africa. The initial tests arn't to hard should you have a good understanding of maths, english and your PPL course. Not very hard even for a thicky scouser like me. If you want anymore info then drop me a line.

Yours truly trolley

------------------
Whoa there bigfella, whoa!