PDA

View Full Version : CPL/ ME Combined course - Not in JAR FCL?

blobber
12th Jan 2011, 10:28
I cannot find this in JAR FCL anywhere, even though Lasors quote JAR FCL. Does anyone know the answer? I need proof that this is in JAR FCL if possible.

Lasors
JAR-FCL CPL(A) Modular Course - Multi Engine (ME) Training
As detailed earlier, the CPL(A) Modular Course comprises a minimum of 25 hours dual flight instruction, including 5 hours in a complex aeroplane and the CPL Skill Test.
This training is additional to the CPL(A) Modular course. If the minimum 6 hours ME training has been completed, the Skill Test in a ME aeroplane serves 2 purposes - for the CPL itself and for the MEP class rating. If a complex MEP aeroplane is used for part of the CPL(A) Modular Course in order to achieve the initial issue of a MEP Class Rating then the following minimum course requirements will apply:

28 hours dual flight instruction of which a minimum of 8 hours must be flown on a complex MEP aeroplane; CPL Skills Test in a complex MEP aeroplane.

BillieBob
12th Jan 2011, 12:26
This is a purely UK invention that is not compliant with JAR-FCL 1. The theory is that some elements of the 25 hours of CPL training in a MEP aeroplane duplicate some elements of the 6 hour MEP class rating course. By some twisted logic it was therefore decided that 3 hours of the CPL training could be credited to the MEP (or vice versa) and the combined course thus ended up at 28 hours instead of 31. It will be swept away by the adoption of the EASA Implementing Rules next year.

VJW
12th Jan 2011, 14:12
JAR FCL isn't law- check if it's in the ANO, and it'll probably be gone when EASA FCL comes into effect