PDA

View Full Version : more questions about brasil

Wrenchturner
12th Jan 2011, 00:17
so i think i have my brasilian license question solved, now i would like to ask if anyone knows of any sites or companies hiring here, preferably would like contracting... is it possible? have bell, sikorsky, eurocopter experience.

JumpJumpJump
12th Jan 2011, 01:45
Where are you based?

Wrenchturner
12th Jan 2011, 13:53
thanks for the response, living in rio at the moment, buzios..... looking to move soon to either rio, macae or vitoria e.s., but if i can find something interesting in another location i would look into moving somewhere else. currently working touring in west africa, and looking into getting type courses on bizjets if i can find some extra work.

JumpJumpJump
12th Jan 2011, 15:18
I'm in Brasilia, not a lot going on here, but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Do you hold an FI rating?

TOFFAIR
12th Jan 2011, 20:15
Look for Omni in Rio and Lider in BH directly at their HQs if possible get in touch w sm1 working there to indicate you, but chances are quite good for helipilots anyway. :ok:

Wrenchturner
14th Jan 2011, 02:06
thanks for the responses, i have tried lider, they told me to wait until after feb, they will be hiring then. omni i will try now. also can anyone clarify how the maintenance licenses work in brasil, its basically the same as the faa correct? just want to make sure i know what i want when i visit anac shortly. thanks again

Soave_Pilot
17th Jan 2011, 23:16
Sounds like you're a Helo mechanic... If so.. I think you'll have no problem getting a job if you speak some portuguese... :ok:

flyingswiss
18th Jan 2011, 16:03
Go to SBJR and knock at each Hangar, 90% of them have Helicopters in it. there are also couple brand new companies that may be looking for peoples. If you want I can take you there, just take the bus to Niteroi and we can go and look around. closer to Buzios in SDMC there are also couple helicopters based, look at this company Microsurvey (http://www.microsurvey.net)