PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 900 vs Falcon 7x cabin length??

JP27
11th Jan 2011, 09:00
Can anybody help please?

I always thought the Falcon 900 had a cabin length of around 39ft. I looked up the 7x today on Dassault's site and saw it to be the same. Great. However, when I looked up the F900 length, it gives 33ft2.

TAG has both types and lists the F900 with a 39ft cabin and F7X as 33ft. CAT Aviation has it vice versa, as on the Dassault site.

I looked at exterior dims on the Dassault site and the 7x appears to be around 10ft longer from nose to tail.

I don't want to get this wrong, can anybody help?

Thanks

NuName
11th Jan 2011, 09:52
The Falcon 7X offers a widebody cabin as generous in width as the best selling Falcon 900EX, but substantially longer. 7X=39' 1" EX=33' 2"

That took about 2 minutes.

CaptainProp
11th Jan 2011, 10:11
It depends if you have a crew rest area or not I think.... I seem to remember someone telling me that some buyers decided against getting the crew rest fitted since "that would give me the same cabin as I already have on my F900".

CP

LadyGrey
11th Jan 2011, 14:32
It depends if you have a crew rest area or not I think

No.

I seem to remember someone telling me that some buyers decided against getting the crew rest fitted since "that would give me the same cabin as I already have on my F900

They buy it because of the extended range, not because of the extra 2 Meters....

Safe flying!".

CaptainProp
11th Jan 2011, 15:33
Yea, but extended range is a different discussion. Most of the current owners (EU/Russia) are flying the thing between Moscow and Europe or Europe to US east coast so a 900EX / LX would do the same job anyway. They buy it because its the "top of the line" Falcon. Besides, no one said anything about "buy" or "no buy" as a result of having a crew rest or not....the discussion was about the cabin size.

As far as available passenger cabin length I stand to be corrected, but I have been told that one buyer decided against the crew rest area as he said it used too much of "his" cabin space.

CP

falconbis
11th Jan 2011, 21:20
same cabin width than the 900 or 2000 but 2 m longer than the 900 ! about the same job than 900 not really you can fly moscow Teb at .85 and back at .87 not the 900...
Crew rest if you operated commercially its compulsory or forget the flight to Capetown. If you are privat well only if your owner cares !

mutt
11th Jan 2011, 21:22
They buy it because of the extended range

But we cant use the extended range without the crew rest facilities....:)

Mutt

Arkwright
11th Jan 2011, 22:38
7X is a 900 with a longer galley, a wider toilet that allows both doors to be opened without colliding with each other, and a larger hold. As far as I can see the actual cabin (passenger space) is identical.

Crew rest area only needed for heavy crew if on commercial long range ops.

Crew rest area does not affect cabin area on the 7X's I've seen as its opposite the galley on the port side.

CaptainProp
11th Jan 2011, 23:01
Yes Awkright, that makes sense to me and fits with what I've seen.

Mutt, exactly.... :zzz:

falconbis, no the 900 does not do it @ .85 - .87 but at .80 - .82 Again, this is not why most buyers go for the 7X......

JP27
12th Jan 2011, 08:54
Thanks!

Yes I know that the dims published by Dassault were for 33ft2 on the F900 and 39ft1 on the new 7X but all the info I had previously was that the F900 had a cabin of 39ft long, hence my confusion.

When I started looking this up elsewhere, the info was conflicting, though I would expect the manufacturer to get it right.

Seems I had the wrong info all these years and thought of myself as quite a spotter who knew my aircraft sizes well...evidently not where the 900s were concerned!

Green Cactus
12th Jan 2011, 09:41
Crew rest if you operated commercially its compulsory or forget the flight to Capetown. If you are privat well only if your owner cares !

"Slight" drift....,

I cannot find any reference that a crewrest is compulsory... could anyone provide me with a reference?

GC

mutt
12th Jan 2011, 19:05
FAR 135 duty time regulations.

Mutt

Green Cactus
12th Jan 2011, 20:16
My mistake, where in the JAR's or EASA regs is this specified?

GC

falconbis
12th Jan 2011, 20:21
@ Captain prop

Mate I m flying the 7x and flew the 900 EX before so I know what I m talking about ! read again my post, that's exactly what I ve said ... to my knowledge a 900 EX is doing its max range at .75 that number on the 7x will be flown at .85 or .87 ...:rolleyes:

falconbis
12th Jan 2011, 20:25
@ green cactus
JAR OPS or EU OPS: chapter flight over extended period, or Chapter 7 of the OMA