View Full Version : Flight training organisations

SanjayKumar
10th Jan 2011, 22:23
Hey guys, like most of you I have begun my epic journey of becoming a pilot. I'm just unsure about a couple of things. After visiting Oxford Aviation I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to go the "dark" integrated route and would much prefer the flexible modular route. I have been really interested in Bournemouth's BCFT. I've heard many positive things about them, especially groundschool. I've read that they do not have any entry requirements, although I've got the required GCSE's and 3 not-so-fantastic A-levels- acquired from wanting to begin my pilot journey. Could someone please confirm the entry requirements? (other than: class one medical and deposit.) I passed my class one last week and understand that the next step, choosing a flight school, is extremely important. Surely working at the airport to fund my pilot training would be enough to cover the amount required, maybe with a small loan for the IR/MCC courses? Thanks:)

Groundloop
11th Jan 2011, 08:01
Could someone please confirm the entry requirements?

Instead of getting possibly not very reliable answers on here, why don't you just ask them yourself? They don't bite!

Guyduke
11th Jan 2011, 10:59
NO TXT SPEK

HWB

Nubboy
11th Jan 2011, 11:44
Guy's, please don't type in text speak. If you want any information from us oldies, please make it easy for us to read.

FWIW, my own airline has historically taken a mix of people, from ex military, through Oxford cadets (and others), to self improvers (that's what it used to be before it became "modular").

Apart from cost, the MOST important criteria MUST be in how helpful they'll be in getting you both interviews and then a job, once you've got your licence. In the past, for us, Oxford has been perhaps the biggest, but not exclusive, source of low houred pilots.

Good luck, I'm glad I'm not having to do it all now.

SanjayKumar
12th Jan 2011, 00:32
:ok:
Groundloop-I have checked on their website, just wanted clarification and Prrune users are pretty reliable sources of information!

Guyduke-Wherever I have checked the PPL prices seem to be around the £6,500 mark. The schools where it may be cheaper, don't do CPL or IR or any other commercial training. For that sort of price I would prefer to do all the training at a well-known FTO.