PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorships for Pilot Training

jet fire
9th Jan 2011, 09:58
Hi i'm a B-Tech student persuing Engineering in Computer Science,but my Aim is to become a PILOT from my childhood onwards.Because of my family's financial status they can't effort such a huge amount of fees for pilot training it's around 50000$ to 60000$ to acquire CPL with Multi Engine.

Is their any Institute/ Private Airlines/ Company or any one who can sponsor me for PILOT training ?

Please give me some suggestions
guide me ....

PAPI-74
9th Jan 2011, 10:05
Finish your B-Tech, get a job that you hate for ten years and spend all of your savings on your FATPL - Standard.

or

Finish your B-Tech, get a job that you hate, buy a house and rent it out. If you are luck enough to aquire equity, re-mortgage your house and pay for it that way.

There is NO Golden Egg!

Guru8904
9th Jan 2011, 10:21
I have heard but can't confirm that certain banks in India offer loans for pilot training. No harm talking to them. Just try your luck.

cyrilroy21
9th Jan 2011, 10:53
I wouldnt suggest taking a loan for pilot training as jobs in India are hard to come by...( there are 5000-6000 unemployed pilots in India waiting for jobs for the past two years):sad:

If and when the jobs come it will only be in double digits

Jet airways is recruiting at present and there will be 3000-4000 pilots competing or maybe 50-90 positions...
Over the past few years the airlines in India only take in people who have juggad or know someone in the compny or have political recommendations

Very few recruitments are based on merit and skill....

There are a total of 5000 pilots employed in India...
2500 Captains and 2500 Co-pilots...
You will only be eligible to apply for the co-pilot position as you wont have any experience coming out of flying school...

The total number of unemployed pilots in India is greater than the number of employed pilots

There are a few thousand more Indians in training all over the world and in the conversion process for converting their foreign CPL to Indian CPL

Nowadays airline also ask you to pay for the type rating upfront
So in addition to the $60,000 you spend to obtain CPL you will have to spend another $30,000 ( 15 lakhs ) for the type rating
That will come to a total of $90,000

You wont be eligible for jobs outside India unless you have the rights to work in that particular country ( citizenship or permanent residency )or have thousands of hours of experience

You could try the cathay pacific cadet pilot program
(still open but choose hong kong as your first preferred location ) or the
etihad cadet pilot program ( applications closed right now but might open again later this year )

In the meantime use your B.Tech degree and get some work experience and money to fund your training

Alternatively you could also join the Indian Air force short service commission...
:ok:

cyrilroy21
9th Jan 2011, 11:04
I am sorry but the above is the bitter truth... :(

duncanidaho50
9th Jan 2011, 23:07
look for a cadet program that will take you from no experience to an airline job. they exist in asia, middle east, and some in europe. Dont know about US, and not sure about restricctions of nationality. Try CTC wing if you pass the interview is worth doing it