PDA

View Full Version : Qantas customer care UK

coldbuffer
8th Jan 2011, 17:07
After booking flights to Australia, Qantas has messed up the tickets and flights, we have been charged twice for the flights and are desperate to contact customer care (CC) in the UK, only contact for CC on Qantas website is an auto email form for OZ, we fly in just over a week and would like to talk to a real person, has anyone on PPrune got a UK phone number they could PM to me, i would be grateful - it's driving us mad

G-BPED
8th Jan 2011, 17:18
Frome the Qantas web site:

London
For all enquiries, please call Telephone Sales
Telephone Sales line is open 24 hours, 7 days a week +44 208 600 4300

I know its the sales line but, they should be able to assist you.

coldbuffer
8th Jan 2011, 17:29
tried them, next to useless, they ask you to email to OZ, not confident in getting a reply in time

Betty girl
8th Jan 2011, 18:10
It used to be the case that if you phone that same no. in the middle of the night you get through to Australian operators, who may be able to transfer your call, or be more informed.

VS-LHRCSA
8th Jan 2011, 23:58
It may also be worth giving BA a try.

When I worked in Customer Relations, I dealt with many one world complaints, particularly Iberia and Cathay Pacific.

Betty Girl's 'middle of the night' idea also has merit.

You should also speak to your credit card company to dispute the charge.

Load Toad
9th Jan 2011, 01:59
If you did book by credit card call the company and tell them.

merlinxx
9th Jan 2011, 06:33
QF do not have Customer Service prople in the UK, those that are tasked with this are proven "Five Fingered Shufflers":ugh:

Call OZ and speak to the Podlodians dct:ok:

muppetbum
9th Jan 2011, 16:27
best bet is your credit card company. File a disputed payment claim with them.

We had this when Budget decided to charge us twice for a rental car ( once at pick up , once at drop off). When we returned home and noticed the charges , we called budget who tried to do nothing for as long as possible " I'm sorry but we have a minimum ten day turnaround for refunds".
Informed Budget that " we didn't", phoned credit card company , refund within 24 hours including extra to take account of exchange rate variations.

To this day , I purchase EVERYTHING from groceries to computers on my credit card. Never paid the buggers a cent in interest either :)

coldbuffer
9th Jan 2011, 19:11
Some good points, i have sent email off to OZ and will get onto the CC company as well