PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge (UK) FBO

SkyHigh28
6th Jan 2011, 16:26
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences of the FBO facilities/staff at Cambridge airport.

I'm wondering how well they treat Passengers/Crew etc and if its an airfield worth using. I ask, as I use Stansted and Luton currently and looking at alternatives.

Any information or experiences would be great.

south coast
6th Jan 2011, 16:49
We use Marshall's and they seemed very helpful.

hollingworthp
6th Jan 2011, 17:02
Marshalls are one of the significantly better FBO's around.

PPE
6th Jan 2011, 18:49
Why are you considering using Cambridge over Luton or Stansted? Have you had a bad experience or is it down to cost? I assume due to you asking about the facilities/staff it must be a bad experience or are you simply a disgruntled cambridge employee masking yourself!!! :=

proceeding outbound
6th Jan 2011, 19:23
Marshalls are great, the FBO facilities are excellent and there are maintenance facilities for some aircraft types. ATC are very helpful and provide good training facilities. There are seldom delays getting in and out of the airfield. The biggest problem with Cambridge airport is the limited hours of operation (and distance from London). Cambridge road traffic during morning and evening peaks is also horrible.

Mizuno boy
6th Jan 2011, 22:13
Marshalls does a great job. Service has always been excellent, with nice facility.

Cheers
MB

silverknapper
7th Jan 2011, 07:35
Another recommendation for Marshalls. Nice facility, great staff and no messing about. A/c usually just a short walk from FBO. If you're day stopping there are crew bedrooms upstairs, though they're not cheap.

McDoo
7th Jan 2011, 08:40
Agree with all the positive comments above. The only other problem with CBG is if it snows - runway clearance is done by the hi tech method of closing and waiting for the thaw. FBO is great and there is a very reasonable staff restaurant on site.

No RYR for me
7th Jan 2011, 08:59
It all comes down to location, location, location... At least for my owners. Handling is more for us mortals to worry about.... :O

Handling is good and less ATC issues and waiting then at EGSS but then again as mentioned less opening hours...

SkyHigh28
7th Jan 2011, 10:41
Thanks everyone for your responses, they've been useful. And for the record, I'm not an ex employee and had no bad experiences anywhere else, just looking for an alternative. Being close to London isn't a requirement for me.

I have noticed that the opening hours are now longer, 0700-2100.

Thanks again.

Biggin Still
7th Jan 2011, 10:52
It is a nice field and they can be flexible on opening times with sufficent notice.

Trim Stab
8th Jan 2011, 17:11
I'd agree - Marshall's is one of the best FBOs around. Stopovers there are always a pleasure. There is also a lot of interesting stuff to look at in the hangars - if you know the right people:ok:

recliner
10th Jan 2011, 19:21
hi. I'm an ATCO at Cambridge, and I'm pleased no-one here has complaints about ATC- we try to be as helpful and accomodating as possible.
With regard to the winter sno-plan...yes we have in the past closed the runway and awaited a thaw. This year though we have spent many thousands de-icing/anti-icing ther runway and it has been available throughout. What we lacked was any aircraft! On more than one day (when everywhere else was snow closed or in LVP's) we were the only airport available for diversions this side of Doncaster, but still nada!
In the past we have been severley restricted by the budget imposed on the airport by Marshall Aeropsace (the owners) who saw the airport as a neccessary over-head. But now the airport has been separated as sub-company within Marshall Group. We have a new director, and a new push to get more of you guys visiting. See you soon?

Lisawaterfield
10th Jan 2011, 22:11
Glad to hear people don't have too many problems with our service in the FBO we try very hard to provide a friendly and efficiant service, we have alot to offer at Cambridge and will carry on doing our best to providing a good service to all that visit us.

roadsweeper
11th Jan 2011, 13:15
Does anybody have any experience positive or negative with immigration procedures at Cambridge?

proceeding outbound
11th Jan 2011, 13:56
Yes, plenty! Again, no problems. Friendly, professional and pragmatic.

long final
11th Jan 2011, 14:56
Went to Cambridge last month and were looked after superbly by Marshalls. We had nearly 10 hours sat waiting for the boss (who was only going to be an hour or so) and the guys there kept checking on us as well as feeding us. Brilliant service. Well done.

PPE
11th Jan 2011, 20:19
Very Clever thread :D:D:D.

Maybe all this promotion of Cambridge (FBO) will now bring you lots of much needed business and then all you Cambridge employees can get back to work and off Pprune.

hollingworthp
12th Jan 2011, 04:39
PPE - calm down dear! You have gone from one extreme to the other on this thread.

If anyone has a vested interest, it appears to be you.

Perhaps if you are not interested in the thread then you should stop opening / reading and posting in it?

cldrvr
12th Jan 2011, 07:15
Spot on PPE. Lisa was complaining how bad things were going at Cambridge, layoffs and understaffing, and her post was summarily edited to now show how perfect all is over there.

Nice marketing tactic this thread, but we all see right through it.