PDA

View Full Version : N.Ireland Pilots

Captain-Ireland
10th Apr 2001, 20:50
Just wanted to know if there are any pilots / student pilots on here from N.Ireland either from BFC or UFC. I am at UFC my self doing a PPL

Martin

Mc Laughs
10th Apr 2001, 22:48
Yeah, i am. Currently studying for my ATPL, groundschool starting shortly in the next couple of months?? Currently out in the states at the moment, flying (PPL, Night, IMC,Multi, Hour building).
Where are you doing your PPL??

Patsy 001
11th Apr 2001, 21:12
I'm not actually with any of the flying clubs, but have been taking a number of lessons with Aldergrove Flight Training at BFS, with the view of applying to BA very soon.

Can any of you tell me when exactly did the University Air Squadron at Queens end? In my first year they were recruiting (Oct 95)and I went for an interview but got a letter back saying that the squadron was now closing. But I heard of a number of people who may have been flying in it that year?!

What are the flying clubs like?

Good Luck

cessnajock
12th Apr 2001, 00:42
I am with AFT as well. Got my PPL about 1 month a go, and i have just finshed my night rating. Don't know much about the UAS at Queen's (just that it no longer exists!), but there is a gliding club in the University, if that interests you.

[This message has been edited by cessnajock (edited 11 April 2001).]

nunos
12th Apr 2001, 02:25
I'm thinking of completing my IMC whilst in N.I.
Whats your club like? school,instructors,staff, fleet and prices etc

Non Iron Chippy
12th Apr 2001, 16:11
Yep, i am an avid fan of JP and the gang at BFC, helped me so much with everything from PPL to prep for my IR.

Captain-Ireland
13th Apr 2001, 03:38
Not sure about the UAS at Queen's but i am taking lessons for my PPL and Ulster Flying Club out in newtonards. I was trying to join the BFC but every time i call there is no one home so i just joined UFC.

eject
13th Apr 2001, 03:51
PPL training at UFC too.