PDA

View Full Version : Swissport Taken Over!

legalize
5th Jan 2011, 20:33
It's now official. Swissport has now become Aviport!!:uhoh:

During a terminal walkround yesterday at BHX I noticed more Ex-Aviance managers in Swissports crew room than Swissport Managers. What is going on Guys! :confused: I suppose things cant get any worse.

British Grenadier
7th Jan 2011, 19:18
Well you could find yourself under DNATA ( Pants Handling ) , then your nightmare would start .....:oh::oh::oh:

stanstedsteve
9th Jan 2011, 10:57
Has the takeover happened at all UK airports ??

JamesKirk
9th Jan 2011, 12:28
unfortunately things will only get worst, best to start looking for another job!!!

bhx1 why are things going to get worse, surely the ex aviance staff will bring aviation experience to the Swissport team something that airlines have complained about in the past, with those on board the chances of getting more contracts is improved which will give ALL the S/Port staff job security.
Or is is that you don't want the extra work continuing to instead just do BE flights with less than 20 bags per flight, this will leave the door open to a 3rd H/A and if that happens S/port BHX would only need to lose 1 of the 3 airlines they handle for it to be financially impossible to continue the BHX base.
If you dont like it you can always apply to work at the Circus:rolleyes:

choxs
12th Jan 2011, 12:12
WOW - Someone thinks JamesKirk might be ex-aviance.....

However, you are correct James - its not a bad thing mixing up experience within experience....Overall aviance were very good, well compared to other handling agents anyway

Bring back reed aviation!!! ;)

chrystall
14th Jan 2011, 17:50
so officially a rumour then or is it actually fact???:sad:

OPS1978
14th Jan 2011, 18:22
I hear rumours that there is a 3rd handling agent coming into BHX and also monarch and TCX are leaving servisair.

Hounddog1
15th Jan 2011, 12:40
servisair needs new blood, new ideas and new working methods, old school stuff not working anymore - its a whole new culture out there ..

411A
16th Jan 2011, 07:32
It should be realised that aircraft handling does not revolve around the UK.

Swissport provides superior service at many other airports...other than those that might be in the UK.

Servicair is a crap outfit and always has been...for many years.
Quite typical of UK companies in general.

The96er
16th Jan 2011, 16:13
Servisair is a crap outfit and always has been...for many years.
Quite typical of UK companies in general.

Servisair is part of the French Derichbourg group. The sentiment though is just though.

choxs
17th Jan 2011, 11:34
I think the comment that Servisair is crap is very unfair, especially to the people who work for them.

Its a tough industry, no matter who you are working for - Servisair have some excellent stations.

You need to look at the bigger picture and the investment..you cant blame local staff & management for not having sufficient funds!

UKSquiff
17th Jan 2011, 21:41
I agree with Choxs

In the current climate, anyone with a job at all should thank their lucky stars!

Schibulsky
17th Jan 2011, 23:30
Relax guys...A411 is just a wind up artist!

A4scooter
18th Jan 2011, 22:07
Those at Swissport BHX now that ex Aviance management are involved start watching your backs.
I left MAS many years ago when the same managers were in place and unless they have changed they lack any original ideas, have the man management skills of Atilla the Hun and look after number one - you have been warned!

Flightmech
18th Jan 2011, 23:53
Servicair?? Maybe 411A is talking about a different crap outfit altogether.

It should be realised that WE are talking about Swissport in the UK:}

kasuga
20th Jan 2011, 19:00
Menzies arriving soon to handle a certain "emerald airline" :mad:

OPS1978
20th Jan 2011, 19:42
Intresting re Menzies do you know if any jobs going?.

Subject 117
21st Jan 2011, 11:50
2. Swissport provides superior service at many other airports...other than those that might be in the UK.

I happen to come across reviews for Swissport USA on a website called glassdoor.com, admittedly there were only five reviews but the rating was *Employees are "Dissatisfied"*

From reading those it appears the American branch isn't any better than the UK one :eek:

GRIZZLER
21st Jan 2011, 12:15
You would be better off getting a paper round.....they pay the same sort of money....and you don't get a tip a xmas.

exstnholidayman
23rd Jan 2011, 14:32
It's interesting to see that in the aftermath of the Swissport take-over a similar round of comments have been posted as they were when taken over by the Spanish Inquisition a few years ago.

The same thing will happen again, the new people will want a more leaner operation and not want pay for it, rampies will be expected to take on other responsibilities for no financial gain.

It's sad to say that until some serious accident happens within the 25 or less minute turn round, then safety will be looked at again and some practices changed.

Good luck fella's.

dionysius
8th Feb 2011, 09:14
Monarch have just renewed their contract with Servisair which is one more rumour put to bed :oh::ok:

legalize
14th Feb 2011, 21:03
Swissport actually had the Monarch contract in the bag. Then at the last minute Servisair quoted a ridiculous price in which they would be handling Monarch for virtually free. Swissport refused to get involved in a price war and pulled out.

How long can the Circus survive by handling for peanuts ??:ugh::ugh:

The96er
14th Feb 2011, 21:15
Swissport actually had the Monarch contract in the bag. Then at the last minute Servisair quoted a ridiculous price in which they would be handling Monarch for virtually free. Swissport refused to get involved in a price war and pulled out.

How long can the Circus survive by handling for peanuts ??

Just out of curiosity, how would you know the exact contract details involved ?? - or is this comment just typical handling agent hearsay !

GRIZZLER
15th Feb 2011, 07:34
I dont think even Servisair would be that daft,after years of being ripped off by a certain Irish airline at a STN....But if true, they have not learnt there lesson and deserve it.

dionysius
15th Feb 2011, 08:26
Legalize.dare i ask how are you privy to commercially confidential information or are you as usual just quoting the toilet cleaner ?.?:bored: