View Full Version : Frzn ATPL but no PPL?????

AH64 APACHE
10th Jul 2001, 18:10
If I understand this correctly - do all these schools offer this Integrated course with the issue of Frzn ATPL at the end of it BUT if you drop out or get put back on it you do not even get a PPL??

Does that mean assuming you go through the course successfully you will bot ever sit the PPL exams or get issued a PPL cretificate???
If you drop out before sitting the ATPL finals then even if you have over 100 hours you don't get a PPL? Weird... :confused:

eagerbeaver
10th Jul 2001, 21:35
you do not fly the ppl skills test, only the GFT and IR. Why do the PPL exam if you are after the IR?

batty
11th Jul 2001, 15:01
If you have a CPL IR and Frozen ATPL why would you need a PPL? So long as you have the piston single in your licence you can fly a single for pleasure or gain.

If you drop out of the ATPL course you wont get a PPL because you havnt sat the tests or flown the GFT,for the PPL.

Not weird just logical!

AH64 APACHE
11th Jul 2001, 15:18
My point was that I assumed that they would take you through the PPL, then IMC, Night , IR etc unitl Frzn ATPL.

This way then do they take you all the way until IR and this is your first 'test' of flying - surely that is not good practice for anyone. I would not like to do my first test as the IR!!

GonvilleBromhead
11th Jul 2001, 15:34
Progress tests and CPL skills test ?

SouthXross
11th Jul 2001, 16:50
I'm let to understand that you will do your PPL first with most Integrated courses, it’s the basic of your skills and a CAA requirement for doing a CPL. You do not need an IMC and would be wasting money to do one, as the IFR would be all you will ever need. You will have to do a Night rating as well. I could be wrong but it wouldn’t hurt to find out from the school first . . .