PDA

View Full Version : Oxford MCC and JOC course - Help Required

downwind24
4th Jan 2011, 20:12
Hi All,

Nearing the end of the IR and was asked by a friend to buddy up on the Oxford MCC course (may be able to afford the MCC with JOC)

Does anyone have any knowledge of this course by Oxford , as in is it good value for money.

Also for the extra cost is the JOC worth it or just stick with the MCC??

As iv found with the professional training peoples opinions are invaluable in deciding which provider to choose.

Thanks in advance :O

VJW
5th Jan 2011, 11:51
Hi

I did the MCC there at around 3k. Didn't bother with the JOC, and in my situation I didn't need it.

IF you have spare cash, then do it, if not don't bother. Otherwise MCC at Oxford has got to be close to being the best value for money out there. You can do it cheaper, but I think it's worth a bit more to do it there.

During my sim check for my airline, they asked me where I'd done the MCC and knew of oxford already of course- a nice comment to make before starting the sim.

VJW

Groundloop
5th Jan 2011, 11:54
During my sim check for my airline, they asked me where I'd done the MCC and knew of oxford already of course- a nice comment to make before starting the sim.

Any decent airline would know of virtually all MCC providers - otherwise their recruitment department would not be doing their job correctly.

downwind24
5th Jan 2011, 20:08
Just also found the 737-200 full motion at Bournemouth with European , this also seems a good deal and has a lot of good feedback on here especially.

The Oxford course however is 36 hours and this one is just 20 for not that much less cash.

Anyone have any experience of these guy's ??

downwind24
6th Jan 2011, 22:21
Wow - quitest thread on here iv ever seen and its mine :uhoh:

Any advice would be most welcome if any of you guys have experience of either ?

North of the Field
6th Jan 2011, 23:10
Worry about it after next week downwind24! :ok:

VJW
7th Jan 2011, 00:40
Groundloop what point are you trying to make?

My airline knew of oxford as being a good MCC training provider and said that to me on my interview- simple as that