PDA

View Full Version : ORD - Transfer Times

VanBosh
4th Jan 2011, 12:39
Hi,

I am looking at flying from Dublin to New Orleans and the best fare I can get is with AA via Chicago. The flight lands at 12:40 (T5) and the next one departs at 14:15 (T3). I should have done customs and immigration in Dublin but I will still have to collect bag etc. Has anyone any experience of this airport and is this a realistic timeframe?

Capetonian
4th Jan 2011, 12:42
If it's shown on the carrier's website, or online TA website as a connection, then it's valid and the airline is theoretically responsible for you if you misconnect. Whether 95 minutes is realistic and comfortable or not is another story.

Is this an online connection (ie both segments on AA?), if so that increases the likelihood of it being viable.

If you are buying two separate tickets, eie DUB CHI and CHI MSY then neither airline will give a toss about you if you misconnect.

VanBosh
4th Jan 2011, 12:46
Thanks - its all i=one ticket with AA so I assume it is do-able. They do have a second flight to MSY but its 5 hours later.

I had a bad experience of transferring with AA in Miami last year so was just curious.

thanks - maybe I'll give it a go, as you say any delay will be their issue

Jamie2k9
4th Jan 2011, 12:51
You might like to know that AA flights between DUB - ORD are nearly always on time.

Capetonian
4th Jan 2011, 12:53
The official MCT for that connection is 1:15 and you have 1:35. Go for it!

Charlie Roy
4th Jan 2011, 14:19
I've transferred with AA before at ORD (also T5 > T3). It's very straight forward and staff are very helpful, informative and knowledgeable about exact gates etc.

VanBosh
4th Jan 2011, 14:25
Thanks - I'll give it a go, 150 euro cheaper than going with Delta and 350 cheaper than Aer Lingus unfortunately...