PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airways recruiting!

CaptainSox
4th Jan 2011, 10:57
I see that Eastern airways are recruiting again for first officers. Says 1000 hours minimum but they took on 2 guys last time with about 250 so obviously not set in stone.

Any takers? :cool:

Finals19
4th Jan 2011, 21:38
Hmmm....I assume they are still running the previous deal? £13K for the TR and bond you £8K for the line training?

Could someone confirm what kind of salary a year 1 FO would be looking at? Not that I can think of any financial institution that would cough up a £13K unsecured loan at the moment (for a J41 TR?)

Andy_20
5th Jan 2011, 09:09
I heard a rumour its £21k.

MIKECR
5th Jan 2011, 10:38
I think the add that someone found for eastern recruitment is an old one.

Dihaz
5th Jan 2011, 11:04
@MikeCR Yes, it is.

Eastern had been recruiting all this time anyway. Just a trickle.

MIKECR
5th Jan 2011, 11:16
Thought as much. I wouldnt have thought eastern would have to advertise for FO's. Experienced captains perhaps, when the need arises.

arc44
5th Jan 2011, 21:44
I sent them a CV speculatively and they responded (incredibley quickly) advising they were not recruiting...and also reminded me of minimum requirements.

CaptainSox
5th Jan 2011, 23:29
Well I think you should remind them of the strict 250 Hour pilots they just took on. Hey it makes us money so what the :mad:!

Burger81
6th Jan 2011, 12:19
arc44,

i also sent them my CV yesterday, with a rapid reply saying the same.... it was very badly worded. It was almost like the Flight Ops Administrator had taken a generic email and tried to edit it :ugh:

flyvirgin
7th Jan 2011, 09:14
I got the same email to,:ugh:

Go Smoke
10th Jan 2011, 15:59
Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding vacancies within Eastern Airways and for taking the time in submitting your resume. Your details have now been forwarded to our Chief Pilot for consideration against any future opportunities.

Please note our current minimum requirements are 1000 hrs total for FO, 3500 total for captains, and 1000 hrs on similar type.

We are unable to offer all candidates the opportunity to attend an assessment day but we will assess your application against our requirements. Unfortunately we cannot address your application progress by telephone.

Due to the large numbers of application received, we are unable to hold cv’s on our database for longer than 4 months. If you have not heard from us within this time please resubmit an updated cv.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Eastern Airways and to wish you success in your search for employment.

Regards

CABUS
14th Jan 2011, 14:09
Its funny how these things work. I recieved a letter from my current employer stating how they didnt appreciate speculitive CV's and the letter was unsigned. Three weeks later I was offered a job on the A320 with them.

Letters like the one above are often sent by HR, who are clearly getting above themselves, so I really wouldnt worry about it too much, just keep pestering them!

Best of luck, CABUS:ok:

captainjack12
24th Jan 2011, 09:36
Any more news from guys who have tried to apply to Eastern?

kuryus
24th Jan 2011, 10:49
Still no answer for me. Not even an acknowledgment of reception.
And I applied 3 weeks ago.
Either they're slow or really disorganized.

Drakestream
24th Jan 2011, 11:34
Got asked if I'd self fund at TR and when I'd be available to start. Then got a follow up asking me about my current flying job and have heard nothing since except for an acknowledgement when I sent them my monthly hours update.

G-GOLF
24th Jan 2011, 12:07
I got the same reply today about them not recruiting, and a reminder of the minimum hours required.

Nice to receive a reply for a change I suppose :rolleyes:

LVL_CHG
21st May 2012, 09:27
Still says not recruiting on their website. Where did you see this advertisement?

mad_jock
21st May 2012, 09:47
Why would they advertise?

They more than likely get 50-60 CV's a week.

So they advertise and get 150 CV's a week.

Best bet with these regional operators is get to know someone in the company and then hit them with your CV when you hear they are doing some command upgrades or a heap of folk hand thier notice in.

EK4457
21st May 2012, 11:54
Looking for a break;

Do you actually have a confirmed interview?

Where are you getting your information from?

I'm impressed by your optimism.

EK

HaBuraTop
22nd May 2012, 07:08
Info from their web (copy-paste 22.05.2012)

ATTENTION: There is currently a scam running regarding job vacancies. It has been brought to our attention that a company is posing as Eastern Airways' and posting job vacancies for people to join the Eastern Airways team. They are primarily aimed at Non UK Citizens. As part of the process the company asks for visa details and payment.
DO NOT respond to any job vacancy adverts if they ask you to send the application to [email protected] official Eastern Airways jobs are displayed below.

Eastern Airways has no current vacancies for pilots. We do accept CV’s by email only to [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=Pilot%20Application)
Please note our current minimum requirements are 1000 hrs total for FO, 3500 total for captains, and 1000 hrs on similar type.
We are unable to offer all candidates the opportunity to attend an assessment day but we will assess your application against our requirements. Unfortunately we cannot address your application progress by telephone.
Due to the large numbers of application received, we are unable to hold CVs on our database for longer than 4 months. If you have not heard from us within this time please resubmit an updated CV.

LGWXOPSA
26th May 2012, 08:01
Word of advice - stay clear of this company.

Rubbish hours, appalling pay, diabolical management, horrendous rosters... See a pattern emerging?

Of course, a job is a job. But seriously think twice!

Brgds,

mad_jock
26th May 2012, 08:28
I would disagree.

They have always had good training.

The aircraft are limited use types post eastern but as a first job it gets hours in your book and you are well set up for moving on to other aircraft types.

Go for it if you can, but have an escape plan.

FL370 Officeboy
26th May 2012, 08:54
Word of advice - stay clear of this company.

Rubbish hours, appalling pay, diabolical management, horrendous rosters... See a pattern emerging?

Of course, a job is a job. But seriously think twice!

Brgds,

Word of advice - stay clear of advice like this.

If you're looking for your first job you take what you can. You are not in a position to turn your nose up at anything given the current state of affairs in the industry.

skippy07
31st May 2012, 12:45
The previous post is perfectly true, beggars can't be chosers and if you need a job anything will do to get you started.
This type of company is ok for the short term, good for rookies to get experience and move on asap, so yes have an escape plan, a plan B :ok:
Just grin and bear it for a while and move on.

zkrob
7th Jul 2012, 14:39
Anyone know what type of hours Eastern prefer, i know they do like FIs. anyone know if they have anything against hrs from africa?

N747EX
16th Jul 2012, 08:02
Anyone know what the situation is with getting onto the embraer fleet they have. Is it based on seniority or can someone applying with jet time(non type rated) go straight onto them?