PDA

View Full Version : jeppesen dispatch training

papadopulos
3rd Jan 2011, 07:03
hello guys i am trying to get opinions about training as dispatcher with jeppesen ...it seems that it was a waste of money for me ....any ideas...maybe it will be possible to make a formal complaint to some organization of training centers?

well thanks ...:rolleyes:

ppd
3rd Jan 2011, 09:53
Oops, my son is planning to start a course with them. Anything signed yet.
Looking for more info if possible.
Thanks.:ooh:

Fedel
5th Jan 2011, 08:00
unfortenately number of dispatcher training courses academies in europe are limit most of them are in USA and midle east also u can check for online training available

For any assistance contact me in PM

papadopulos
8th Jan 2011, 20:06
i paid the whole fFOM LEVEL 1 AND 2 for nothing because after i got my GCAA licence is not possible to find a job easily..so becareful only go for two weeks an maybe later is the comapny paid for it or after some experiance you think you need it do it but honestly do not waste our money ...i was in germany and i think everywhere is like that ...is you have asecure job in USA is good apart for that here in europe is completely unnecesary ....you leanr more on the job and a handling comapny will train you on the basics ......thanks :ugh:

G-CFMX
2nd Feb 2011, 15:08
Hey guys,

The best way to get into dispatching is to go through a ground handling company for a low cost airline. i've currently been working for a ground handling company as a ramp agent for a while now and a few months ago i completed my Dispatching course. the course was paid for by the handling company and now im dispatching up to ten flights a day in each shift!

Then once you have had enough experience in dealing with the quick turnarounds and stress from; Pilots, ATC, Managment and The airport operator on each flight im sure you would have enough expereince to deal with the longer haul flights for a larger company, and this would definatly give yourself a huge advantage on apply for certain courses, and make you stand out from the rest!.

Good luck :D :ok:

swissfox
6th Feb 2011, 11:27
I only can say, i made my FAA license with Jeppesen in Denver almost 3 years ago. Since then i am runnig very well with it. I was changing companies last year and it was very very easy to find a job with the license.
Even more as some operators setting the license as requirement, also in europe already.

So to say it was a waste of money, totally false statement. everything you hold in your hands, is good for you. my opinion.

Just to say, i am dispatching about 60 flights each shift. and the stuff learned during my course is helping me everyday.

Greetings

desertopsguy
7th Feb 2011, 13:03
I don't entirely agree with some of the info on here...going to work for a ground handling company has very little to do with being a flight dispatcher (ops bod in UK). If you go down that route you may find yourself in a long queue of people who are already there waiting before you to get in out of the rain. You could end up stuck in what is a relatively low paid job for a very long time indeed.

Once you have your licence then flexibility and contacts are everything, not dragging your freezing arse around a ramp in December.

Flexibility...be ready to go where the work is, be willing to take the short term contract even if you're not sure what you will do afterwards.If you insist on staying put and looking for work at your local airline you might be lucky but then again you might not. Get experience, it will lead you places and eventually when you have enough experience you will be able to confindently throw your CV in the ring for all those jobs you just weren't experienced enough for before.

Contacts...get to know people online, join Linked-In, join some of these forums and member groups that are there and start to get to know people.There are several flight dispatcher / flight ops officer federations out there, join one. By doing additional courses and attending seminars (some of these are free or inexpensive) you will MEET people who are already in the industry.

The first one is always the hardest, don't waste time out in the rain...

Just my 2 cents

Best,

D.O.G

Xpert
7th Feb 2011, 19:03
Well said D.O.G 100% true.

Bergkamp10
8th Feb 2011, 07:13
D.O.G.

Exactly right,

I would certainly say that one year with GlobeGround/Cirusair will show you the ropes anyway. I also placed a couple of people with Jet Aviation, E.F.S. in Dubai this gives them a take on all aspects of the business.

I my mind knowledge and contacts are everything over training courses.