PDA

View Full Version : Peach Air L1011 and 732

peachair732
1st Jan 2011, 19:36
Memories please of the Caledonian spin off charter airline, Peach Air. Remember their old L1011s with mechanical delays and that old 732 op by Goldcrest/Sabre/Peach and involved in pressure incident.

all in all, I loved this colourful 'cheap; charter airline. They dont make them like this anymore!

any more detailed info on the airline very welcome? destinations? ambitions? fleet plans?

tubby linton
1st Jan 2011, 20:05
The rumour mill at the time stated that peach or ceap(one of the tristar registrations) was a very rude Turkish word!

RetiredSHRigger
1st Jan 2011, 20:48
Pic pronounced Peach is Turkish for B#stard so it wasn't just a rumour.:mad:

411A
2nd Jan 2011, 03:35
Caledonian spin off charter airline, Peach Air. Remember their old L1011s with mechanical delays
Caledonian may well have had problems with their L1011's, however....the one L1011 that was operated by AirAtlanta and leased to Peach, had no delays that I can recall...I should know, as I was one of the Captains on many flights.

peachair732
3rd Jan 2011, 18:36
I bet you wre glad you were not a cpatain on that Sabre/peach 732 that blew out! Peach did have a terrible reputation in the travel industry at the time, they did a lot of flying for Inspirations tour ops and the on board product was less than that of Caledonian.