PDA

View Full Version : DGCA

Pulkdahulk
1st Jan 2011, 06:27
I want to ask you a big favor. 4000 students give DGCA Air Pilot Exams and it has come to a point where a friend of mine gave an exam for the Air Regulations and not just them but to many people, this has happened. I have sent an email to NDTV, CNN-IBN and Aaj Tak. Excerpts are as below

"Thing is in the air reg exam, there were 50 questions and each question carried 2 marks. This was clearly written in the question paper. Therefore my mark of 53, an odd number, is obviously wrong. And I know I did the exam well enough to pass. One things is definite is that they've failed me on purpose by giving me a random number for a mark"

This is the situation of many many candidates who were given odd marks and where do odd marks come in the first place where it clearly indicates that one Question marks do not even exist in the paper. Is there corruption in the system.

I need your help. We all feel that there is something amiss in this. I have cleared my exams and finished all my paperwork but there is something definitely wrong when people are getting odd marks in the exam for the other people who are still appearing. There is no Question of getting an odd mark in the first place. Hundred of candidates have got such a mark. "

Do we Shut up and listen to what DGCA Does or go to the News Channel and make a hungama. We know that Media has the power to bring out the Truth. I am not in India, but I believe this world has connections and we do know someone that is connected that can help get us this VERY answer - Why the ODD MARK - How do you come up with an ODD MARK. It is bizarre to hear someone say - " Oh, because you must have filled a half circle, you get one point" - That is utter BS! I have done exams like SAT, TOEFL and many entrance exams and there is nothing like this BS! I have heard - Are we that Retarded-

RTI Act - Get the media and do something about it or else we will be exploited even more-

Can you put me through an editor. This is 100% Factual News and should be made a controversy. We have evidence to back our support. We have also informed DGCA for an RTI Act to know but they do not seem to respond.

Any help would be appreciated. Again I have cleared my exams, and done my paper work, but I cannot stand on a New Years Eve thinking about this INJUSTICE!

cyrilroy21
1st Jan 2011, 07:31
Well first lets see what the DGCA has to say

There is a question and answer session at the DGCA CEO office in R K Puram between 3-5pm on weekdays

The DGCA officer answering the questions is one of the few responsible and sensible people i have met within the DGCA office :D

Unfortunately I am not in Delhi at present or else i would have been there already

Hmmm... time to wish a few friends Happy New Year :E

cyrilroy21
1st Jan 2011, 07:43
On another note...

The OMR sheets are analysed by a computer...

Perhaps it could be that the computer analysing the OMR sheets was programmed wrongly or given wrong info...

The DGCA might not have noticed the error :ugh:

P.S : The above is just a theory

My firm belief is the failed us on purpose :mad:

kunaal
1st Jan 2011, 08:46
The DGCA bureaucracy has percolated down to every strata of the licensing procedures - All the way from the beginning. There was never an ease for public access or transparency for that matter. Despite several attempts, letters and shout-outs, they seem to be moving a turtle's pace at reforming their policies. I would definitely give in my support in this, reason being in the same loop of an odd score in the Regulations assessment.

Fact remains, if bearing with these issues is going to end up being a mass perspective, the DGCA would most definitely never put in the effort to help the ailing pilots of today.

josh121.5
2nd Jan 2011, 08:48
i was infuriated when i flunked my air regs exam april 2010 when i worked my ass of and was pretty certain of clearing it and the result was not what i expected .so to vent out my anger i mailed the guys at the DGCA exam cell and blasted them ,but to my surprise i got a reply within 2 hours and the reply was " WE ARE REVIEWING IT " , what the hell is that supposed to mean ??? :mad: mailed them again n no reply , so till date i've sent 10 mails pointing out their stupidity and requesting them to ask questions more reasonably or issue a syllabus but it just kept falling into deaf ears . My friend failed the october 2010 attempt and he did the same 3 days back and he got the same reply aswell " WE ARE REVIEWING IT " .

@pulk : its a very good idea , media should be intrested ! afterall they cover some worthless stories , so for a change they can make an impact !

prii
12th Jan 2011, 14:53
ok,
we need many people to pull this out.
anyone with a different option how to deal with this?:rolleyes:
don't kill this post unless you want the DGCA to kill you!:hmm:

cyrilroy21
12th Jan 2011, 15:25
I called up the DGCA CEO office today...

I talked to Mr. Manoj Bajpai . He works at the CEO office .

I explained to him the situation and he patiently listened and gave me an answer...

He told me that after the exams they decided to
delete a few questions...:ugh:
Hence it was not possible to allot 2 marks to each and every question since then they wont total 100 marks :hmm: :rolleyes: :ugh:

They then had to allot arbitrary marks to the remaining questions so that it would total 100 and thats how i managed to obtain an odd number as result

He told me that from the next attempt onwards all these issues will be sorted out .

I didnt bother to question or argue with him as to why they did this...

However he was quite polite and patient in his reply...

If anyone else would like to call him and discuss the same or would like to give him a nice blasting :E
You can call him on
He's not available between 1-3 pm in the afternoon

Dont forget to add the delhi code if you are calling from outside delhi...

Well back to the books again... :(