PDA

View Full Version : Pushback Team

Dirty 330
31st Dec 2010, 09:41
Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster.

I currently work at Sydney Airport, Australia and I am very interested to get a job sometime in the future being part of the pushback crew for either Qantas Toll Dnata or Menzies etc. in particularly on the headset at the International Termial.

I am currently 20 years old and I wanted to know the requirements besides having a CAT3 or 4 ADA. Do you need some sort of engineering degree or are these guys not associated with engineering at all? I have no intentions of leaving my current job yet but I am looking foward to the future and wanted to be one step ahead.

If there is anyone with prior experiance please drop me a PM.:ok:

This video in particular gives me sooo much inspiration.
YouTube - pushback BA 777 Sydney int airport (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QJ-uP18NkA)

Thanks in advance.

tigger2k8
31st Dec 2010, 13:46
If you are working for a ground handling firm, such as Menzies and get trained up on the headset, all you need is basic english, some common sense the ability to learn a couple of sentences.. no engineering skills required.. however i don't think Menzies will recruit "headset staff", you will find yourself doing a variety of tasks.. including the baggage bay, last time i checked Menzies won't train anyone on headsets and push back driving until 6 months - 1 year of employment.. this is standard policy with most ground handlers.. some of which get their dispatchers to do headsets

British Grenadier
31st Dec 2010, 20:35
Pushback Team
Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster.

I currently work at Sydney Airport, Australia and I am very interested to get a job sometime in the future being part of the pushback crew for either Qantas Toll Dnata or Menzies etc. in particularly on the headset at the International Termial.

I am currently 20 years old and I wanted to know the requirements besides having a CAT3 or 4 ADA. Do you need some sort of engineering degree or are these guys not associated with engineering at all? I have no intentions of leaving my current job yet but I am looking foward to the future and wanted to be one step ahead.

If there is anyone with prior experiance please drop me a PM.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

This video in particular gives me sooo much inspiration.
YouTube - pushback BA 777 Sydney int airport (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QJ-uP18NkA)

Thanks in advance.

Dirty 330,this old tug driver /headset thingy , it AIN'T all it's cut out to be , from your Youtube clip , you've got loads of space , when you ain't , ( as at Heathrow ) it's a differen't matter , and i've pushed everything from a Cessna to an A380 over 11 years , as to speakin to the old skipper's they have as much of a clue as you do , ( or you can get the can of bull**** out ) as long as you repeat to them , what they tell you , a trained monkey can do it ....................then again 777/300 on stand 323 !!!! that's a differen't matter ......... google earth it .........:{:{:{