PDA

View Full Version : Government Intervention!

PQC
30th Dec 2010, 23:36
So, Deadly Dave and his cronies who - accordingly to the Daily Mail - are all about reducing unnecessary red tape and regulation now wish to give the CAA additional powers to require private sector companies to provide 'sufficient' snow removing kit. And if they don't, then they are going to have the abilty to fine those private companies for not providing 'sufficient' kit.

Remind me, who was it who chose to privatise the BAA in the first instance and esposed the mantra that 'market forces' would be able to
provide and manage key parts of the UK transport infrastructure?

A bit Ironic that HM Government appear to be happy to dicate terms to one private company when they've taken a business decision that hasn't worked out (i.e. allegedly not investing in sufficient snow kit) when they are quite happy to let others (i.e. the Banks) continue as normal even when they've cocked up on a monumental scale.

Call me a cynic?

Absolutely.

I'm no supporter of the BAA, but they should tell Ms Villiers that if she wants more snow removal kit at LHR, then if it so important to HM Government, they would be more than happy for them to spend millions in providing it in the same way that the banks have been bailed out!

compton3bravo
31st Dec 2010, 07:04
It's called spin old boy - nothing will happen about Heathrow mark my words.

MUFC_fan
31st Dec 2010, 08:45
It's called spin old boy - nothing will happen about Heathrow mark my words.

The government have to be seen to be doing something on the international stage. They have to look like they're taking the leading foot as the world watches what happens to the world's leading international airport.

They'll get a slap on the wrist and told to sort themselves out.