PDA

View Full Version : kfa hiring pilots

airbone
30th Dec 2010, 13:33
:D hey guys kfa hiring pilots. it has send mails to its cadets for written on 4th jan......:ok:

Speedbird1014
30th Dec 2010, 13:36
Only cadets are invited or is there any hope for General cpl holders.

sfa_trainee
30th Dec 2010, 15:18
strictly cadets
sad

cyrilroy21
30th Dec 2010, 16:26
Well i guess they get first dibs :cool:

Any idea if they are type rated on the A320 or ATR ?

Pulkdahulk
31st Dec 2010, 20:29
Where in the world is KFA Cadets Trained? I have never seen or heard about them !!!:ugh::ugh:

cyrilroy21
31st Dec 2010, 20:36
They were hire somewhere in 2007 or 2008 .

Some went to American School of Aviation .

I heard its Indian owner shut down the school and
took away all their money :E
( Same school where Vijaya Mallaya learnt to fly )

Saw it on NDTV sometime back in 2008

Dont know what happened to them after that but a case is still going on against the school owner :zzz:

// First post of New Year .

Happy New Year everyone

Many more posts to come :E //

airjet
31st Dec 2010, 21:28
most of them went to SIM CENTER in miami, and that is NOT indian owned and still operating

cyrilroy21
1st Jan 2011, 00:49
I am not talking with respect to where they went for type rating

This is were they went for obtaining their basic CPL license

Pulkdahulk
1st Jan 2011, 06:39
Oh hell no! Not Sim Center- I know many people who represented KFA at Sim Center for Summer batch 2008 onwards. It can never be them and cadet pilots don't get trained at Sim Center. I am from Florida and i know this than the rest of us talking about that place.

I know Spice Jet and Indigo went to Sabeena....but KFA? Never heard about that school.

Aviator4u
1st Jan 2011, 07:58
Wel mst of KFA cadets went to American School Of Aviation,with LOI frm KFA to hire them once they are dn wid thr CPL.bt that neva hapnd fr most of the cadets and also the owner of ASA,Mr.Prince Singh,who z a bigtime bastard i mst say,shut down d skul and dint retrn a single penny out f $46k wch he took upfrnt frm evry cadet for ths programme.:mad:

cyrilroy21
1st Jan 2011, 08:06
Aaah Yes....

That was the name of the owner PRINCE SINGH :}

I remember reading on some forum not too long ago

He went to the U.S in 1995 to get a CPL and never returned back to India
stayed illegallly in the U.S :=

He then started American School of Aviation ( not sure when )
It went quite successfully in the begining .
Quite a number of pilots who studied there are working with airlines in India.

Dont know what happened in 2008 ( Must have been the fuel price rise )
but he disappeared overnight with the students money :mad:
( many of them had taken loans since they had an LOI from KFA )

One guy paid $30,000 and the school shut down the next day :\

oops thread drift :oh:

Anyway good luck to those cadets :ok:

I guess your time has come ;)

sfa_trainee
1st Jan 2011, 17:11
These guys were sent to

Aerospace Australia
ASA-(Shut down)
CAE Arizona...biggest chunk of them were sent here..arnd 50
MAny guys who failed the KFA test in 2007... got lucky...later were selected by indigo as cadets...sent to sabena..!!:D

Pulkdahulk
1st Jan 2011, 19:43
Ah Yes, I remember now.

Pulkdahulk
2nd Jan 2011, 16:25
Hey, I got an official confirmation from Kingfisher HR -

There is no such exam for such

aroumika
3rd Jan 2011, 17:23
hello everyone,
i was a student of american school of aviation (ASA), california myself, and yes it's true, there were alot of kfa cadets around, all of them paying 46 000 USD for the entire course as compared to the other students who paid 38 000 USD. unfortunately for me, i did not get through the kfa interview and hence i could not join ASA as a kfa cadet, i eventually joined as a regular.
the school eventually closed down in june 2008, it was a total nightmare, feels like almost yesterday. but this is good news that kingfisher is finally hiring it's own cadets (who are willing to sponsor their own A320 type rating), based on the written exam, the interview and the sim check.
as for me, i ended up loosing 25 000 USD in ASA and continued my flight training uptil my multi engine commercial license in another flight school in california. i'm now just waiting for DGCA to send me my license, but then again i'm not eligible for the kfa interview simply because i wasn't chosen as a cadet. i guess i'll have to wait a little bit longer till my day comes. good luck to you all, god bless and happy new year :)

Pulkdahulk
3rd Jan 2011, 17:39
Too bad, I have AME working for KFA and know the HR inside out. The Director of Pilot Management ridiculed saying he had no knowledge. It could be done by some other subsidiary of KFA, but not KFA.

Anyways if you are so sure, post the address of this place where the exam is being conducted and the email to my PM. Will forward it to the Director
and send you a CC on that email. How about that?

cyrilroy21
3rd Jan 2011, 17:55
Maybe the recruitment is supposed to be all hush hush :E

Thats how things roll nowadays in Indian aviation
when it comes to jobs :hmm:

Do you know if the candidates already have a type rating
on the A320 or ATR ?