PDA

View Full Version : Marrakech hotel recommendation

PicMas
28th Dec 2010, 17:55
Like the title says... Any recommendations for a nice hotel in Marrakech, looks like thats where New Years will take place for yours truly.

As always, help is much appreciated

SpringHeeledJack
28th Dec 2010, 21:07
La Mamounia will help you suffer the new year ;)

→ HOTEL LA MAMOUNIA - HOTEL LUXE MARRAKECH - OFFICIAL WEB SITE - HOTEL SPA MARRAKECH LA MAMOUNIA MAROC (http://www.mamounia.com/uk/index.php)

SHJ

eckhard
28th Dec 2010, 22:22
I agree, it's got to be the Mamounia. Make sure you get a room with a view of the Atlas mountains.

oz_faf81
29th Dec 2010, 06:57
If too expensive, you still can give a try at the Sofitel. Not too bad.

Der_Fischmeister
29th Dec 2010, 12:55
WOW GUYS ,which Company you work for to get these Hotels ???:cool:

@Picmas:Hows the Hotel ?????

The One and Only ....FISCHMEISTER

EatMyShorts!
29th Dec 2010, 13:34
I have stayed at the "Kensi Menara Palace" which is quite new and has very good rooms. The only disadvantage that it is located not exactly in the city centre. At least taxis are inexpensive, so it won't kill your budget. The other place that I have stayed at is the "Le Meridien", could not complain too much about it as well.

Morris542
29th Dec 2010, 15:42
I stayed at the Hotel de Foucauld in 2007. Rooms are small but well kept and the meals are very good. It's close to the Djemaa El Fna and the rest of the city centre - the staff can organise tours. It's not the best, but I can certainly recommend it.

Velcroworm
30th Dec 2010, 14:32
I was in Marrakech fixing an AOG last Christmas and we were put up here;

Palmeraie Hotels and resorts, Hotel de luxe a marrakech, Plameraie Marrakech, (http://www.palmeraie-marrakech.com/)

Bit out of town and not cheap but good restaurant and decent rooms.

PicMas
30th Dec 2010, 17:41
Thanks for the recommendations, sadly most of the hotels, including the ones recommended here, were booked for new years.

Ended up staying at the Mansour Eddahbi, which is ok, not super fancy but a roof over the head and a bed to sleep in. Some nice restaurants also, and hey... at least its not Moscow.

Have a safe and happy new years evening