PDA

View Full Version : iPad app for company manuals.

Flaps10
24th Dec 2010, 17:47
Hey guys,
What app do you guys prefer to use for viewing the company manuals on the iPad?
Thanks

Baywatcher
24th Dec 2010, 20:10
Goodreader

Sir KDM Lowe
24th Dec 2010, 23:01
I take it Santa has brought you an iPad?

Goodreader as well. Have tried a number of other PDF readers and this one works best. Very easy to upload using your wifi network.

Merry Christmas

Gone Down
25th Dec 2010, 00:19
Good reader is really good but also iannotate which is awesome in that you can open up to six things (manuals) in tabs which saves you going back and forth through good reader... It'll cost you $11 US for both but worth getting them!
Summary: I use goodreader for everything EXCEPT company manuals where iannotate comes into its own. I'd suggest both.

Flaps10
25th Dec 2010, 00:35
Santa has been very kind this year! Would have gotten the 64GB 3G version but we weren't as blessed in the raise department as I would have liked! ;)

Thanks for the info guys, i'll get both apps!

Merry Christmas!

Gone Down
25th Dec 2010, 01:09
Good call flaps.
I'd upload everything to goodreader via iTunes (connect pad, click on apps section and scroll to bottom) or via drop box (connect to server in goodreader) then when you open the manual you want click the send email looking link and in there is an option to "open in" to send it to iannotate. But not too much work on Christmas day! Another tip, go to vuze, type iPad and download '630 (or so) books for ipad' file and transfer to the pad... Some good reads.
Other goodies... Mobile Mouse - use your pad as a keyboard and mouse for computer.
VLC Player - Saves reformatting movies, just drag and drop like goodreader.
Numbers - Mac version of excel, really good.
Enjoy!!