PDA

View Full Version : Positioning crew priority

discus2
24th Dec 2010, 08:15
Hi all,

Just out of curiousity,
What is your company's policy regarding position crew?
What sort of priority do they get over revenue passengers?

:ouch:

Cheers!

Fly380
24th Dec 2010, 08:46
In my experience when we had an aircraft stuck in Zurich after a diversion - a 744 full of pax - we were 1st priority and volunteers to travel on the next flight were handsomely rewarded. No one complained.:) ( That was from LHR ).

discus2
24th Dec 2010, 09:08
Thanks for that 380 !
I could use as much feedback from all you !

Merry christmas to all of you !

Denti
24th Dec 2010, 09:42
On the way to an active duty highest priority before any full fare passenger, on the way home after an active duty lowest priority on par with ID00 company staff.

Offchocks
24th Dec 2010, 09:42
Basically I get to go the highest class that the the aircraft is configured for, or stay behind in a hotel if the company decides not to offload.
I personally rather stay behind than offload a premium passenger. The allowances are good and the beer is cold! ;)

sky jet
24th Dec 2010, 10:05
If they need you someplace you get on. If you are flying the next day you get on. If you are going home you are dead last after revenue and are screwed.

zerotohero
25th Dec 2010, 02:26
Two spare cabin crew seats and two flight deck jump seats, one you cant fit a mouse on but its legal, so if you need to get to work you pretty much can, yet to see a fully booked flight and over booked with positioning crew yet, but it may happen i guess, then who knows. revenue first is in the ops so yea, your stuck.

boredcounter
26th Dec 2010, 08:57
Are you talking about positioning at company behest, i.e. off standby to replace an out of hours crew?

Commuting for free? (Even with contract)

Piltdown Man
26th Dec 2010, 09:14
Here's my company's list: Engineer's to fix AOG (inc. tools and spares); Positioning crew; Prize winners; Premium loyalty card holders flying Premium Class; Premium class etc. At the end of the queue are the freebies travelling ISA.

411A
26th Dec 2010, 11:57
Basically I get to go the highest class that the the aircraft is configured for, or stay behind in a hotel if the company decides not to offload.
I personally rather stay behind than offload a premium passenger. The allowances are good and the beer is cold!
Absolutely.:ok:
We stayed behind one time in VIE for seven days, as all the flights back home were full.
NO one complained.

FlyingApe
2nd Jan 2011, 16:41
As SkyJet said If they need you someplace you get on. If you are flying the next day you get on. If you are going home you are dead last after revenue and are screwed.,and it's the same where I work

overun
3rd Jan 2011, 20:44
lf you are positioning you will have the first seat, sometimes the backwards facing one in the galley. Because you are on duty.

One suspects you are talking about being off duty, and not positioning.

411A
3rd Jan 2011, 21:05
What sort of priority do they get over revenue passengers?

Absolute priority over ALL passengers, in business class (we have no first class) and...I see to it that this is positively maintained.
Now, as DirOps, that is my job.
Our crew are treated well in this regard, make NO mistake.

ShyTorque
3rd Jan 2011, 21:17
I was phoned at home on a rostered day off early in the morning and told to go in straight away to fly just one sector, half a day. I flew all day. They eventually dumped me at a (closed) minor airfield 135 miles from home in the dark and said I should try to get a hire car.

Everyone else = top priority. Crew? Make your own arrangements, don't bother us.

I no longer work there, btw. :rolleyes:

overun
3rd Jan 2011, 21:32
411A.

Just so there is no mistake. Positioning crew are on duty.

411A
3rd Jan 2011, 22:56
Just so there is no mistake. Positioning crew are on duty.
Of course they are, that is why they have business class priority.
Every time.
FD crew, business class.
CC, back of the bus, but priority nonetheless.

skip.rat
3rd Jan 2011, 23:43
As with most other posts here we get priority if they want you somewhere in a hurry or will bust min. rest before the next duty; if not we get chucked to the bottom of the pile.

411A:
Quote:
"Absolute priority over ALL passengers, in business class (we have no first class) and...I see to it that this is positively maintained.
Now, as DirOps, that is my job.
Our crew are treated well in this regard, make NO mistake."

Since the beancounters have taken over in the last 10 years or so, it's refreshing to see there might still be a Flt Ops Director / DFO or two out there who understands their remit to include a degree of care for their crews' welfare once in a while. The smart ones realise that in the long term you'll get a damn sight more out of your workforce if you don't continually try to devise new ways of shoving the bat up the @rse of your employees.

- Sadly it seems most Dir.Ops. these days are a bunch of yes-men eager to hang onto their positions rather than stand up to the bunch of chinless wonders in the office upstairs.