PDA

View Full Version : Flight/Ground Ops Job In UAE??

samdaman
24th Dec 2010, 06:50
Hi Fellas
I have had experience working as a Flight Operations Officer in Australia and have moved to Dubai 6 months ago to take up a position non aviation related.

I would be keen to get feedback/help from you guys and direct me towards a flight operations /ground ops based job in UAE or Middle East.

I must confess my contacts are very limited in this region and I would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

Regards
Samdaman

desertopsguy
24th Dec 2010, 09:45
To get into flight ops you will ideally need at least a UAE flight dispatcher licence. Entry and mid-level dispatcher salaries are pretty poor overall in the UAE due to the legions of underqualified and inexperienced ones from Indian Subcontinent all scrambling for jobs and willing to work for the lowest bidder. Ground ops jobs, well those fare even worse.

The major carriers like EK/EY etc regularly hire gnd and flt ops people in various capacities but their experience requirements tend to exclude novices or those with minimal experience.

Stay away from the charter companies unless you are really desperate. They are not well run with the management generally coming from 2nd and 3rd rate bull5hit carriers that can be found further North and further East of the UAE. They tend to have a labour camp mentality where salaries are not paid on time, contracts not honoured and morale is generally quite low.

There is a lot happening however and there are some descent operators out there, just need to keep an eye on the company websites and airline jobs page and of course try to make some contacts...

Best of luck

desertopsguy
25th Dec 2010, 16:21
Code89...if you are holding a flt disp licence,have some experience and have the right to live and work in Oz then I can point you towards 2 companies that were recently hiring there, they might still be...

Best...
D.O.G