PDA

View Full Version : United Airways Bangladesh

Jarema
24th Dec 2010, 06:31
Hello,

I was offered an ATR72 Captain contract with United Airways from Bangladesh.

Do you have any info regarding this airline? I have tried to find anything about operator and living in the country for few hours on the internet. No result except official website. How many airplanes did they order?

Does anyone have an experience with agency called Aeropro from UK?

Best Regards

PT6A
24th Dec 2010, 07:22
There is a thread on pprune regarding them.

Does not seem to be a happy ship, but have no personal experience. They offered me a position I asked for a few things go be changed but they were not willing to budge.

The place well let's face it is not very nice, and the posts on this site indicate the company provided hotel is not very good - so I asked them to provide Hyatt or the like for the duration.. They said no, their loss as I am in work anyway so was just testing the water.

Before you go you need in writing which hotel and then check yourself if it will be suitable.

PT6A

HurryUp&Retire
24th Dec 2010, 07:30
Jarema,
Go to india, go to indonesia go or go to Viet....stay away from DAC.
I personally have been there, and was offered ATR fo job.

I declined it. The hotel they put you when you arrive to take the CAAB is prob 2 star at best. Its locally owned w one computer in the lobby, oh yea English is a huge issue there!

do yourself a favor search here for more posts, and everything will become clear to you

ClimbSequence
25th Dec 2010, 12:57
Can you please share the T&C for the ATR Capt contract?

Thank you

itsbrokenagain
25th Dec 2010, 16:15
Personally I couldn't think of any worse flying than piloting a ATR in the 9 months of thunderstorms that Bangladesh sees, and with the non radar atc environment of the country it will only add to the nightmare!

You need a lot of danger money to deal with that BS in my opinion:hmm:

HurryUp&Retire
27th Dec 2010, 07:42
the pay is avg

6000FO/7800CA for atr

guys go take the CAAB and once you get to DAC you will see how much it sucks. You can kiss your "western life style" good bye. If that is not important to your life style than you will have no prob being in in DAC. Not to mention their pilot supply is full of 200 hr wonders at best. Have fun flying w a local CA, who knows nothing about aviation nor the airplane!
I don’t need the cash that bad.
Good luck to those that accept the job. I personally declined it

davfly
6th Jan 2011, 21:14
Hi guys, I had the same offer and I am thinking to go, because I am on ground from 10 months so I need to fly ASAP.. I heard something about bangladesh.. probably is not so happy to live there, but if conditions will be bad you can resign following the contract modalities...I was in north africa last year for a national company on the ATR and also there many problems with duty time, maintenance, roasters, payment ecc.. I think that outside Europe-Usa-Australia any working place is a disaster, but this is the life of the Contractors..

Jarema let me know if you are going there, it could be better getting in touch.

Chazbird
8th Jan 2011, 01:02
I too have been offered a ATR captain position with United Airways. I have the contract in my possession, 8K per month for line captain, otherwise the same as reported here.

I flew the ATR in India and enjoyed it quite a bit, but of course it wasn't perfect. I suspect things will be less perfect (perhaps considerably less so) than in India. As I sometimes flew in eastern/NE India I can verify the weather will suck big time late March to September and I do not know if there is any ATC radar outside of Dhaka. The airplanes are old, at least the first one (1 on line now, another in February, one more in June) but may have been overhauled in Germany.

I am not current, so going there is a consideration for me, but it may be better to get current and go somewhere else. As I was often in eastern India, Bengal, Bangladesh will be very similar (Bengali) although the ration of Hindu/Muslim will be switched. No, it won't be very western but after being wary at first I actually started to enjoy Calcutta. Its called "And now for something completely different".