PDA

View Full Version : Saudi City crew life.

LNAV VNAV -
23rd Dec 2010, 14:30
I am thinking of getting a A320 captain job with Saudi Airlines and I would like to have some info from people living there or who lived there in the past.

How is the roster for the A320? Do new pilots get to do any night stops abroad or are these always taken by more senior pilots on the fleet?

How many hours flying would one expect to do and how much would the typical salary be?

How is the roster balanced between night and day flying?

How is life in Saudi City? Is there any socializing between crews?

Do female cabin crews also stay in Saudi City and do they socialize with pilots? :E

PS: I did the interview and written test already and I am now expecting a sim check date.

mutt
24th Dec 2010, 13:40
Do female cabin crews also stay in Saudi City and do they socialize with pilots? Yep, but you probably cant afford them :):)

Go read the thread in the Middle East forum.... most of your questions were addressed already......

Mutt

LNAV VNAV -
25th Dec 2010, 04:17
Which thread? I went through all 5 pages of threads and didn't find anything. :confused:

411A
25th Dec 2010, 04:29
Look back further in time....it's all there.

hetfield
28th Dec 2010, 23:33
Poor guys:eek:

LNAV VNAV -
29th Dec 2010, 03:53
Thanks for the info jf.

I don't get it though: 30-40 hours only but they say that they can not roster six days off in a row now because of the crew shortage? :confused:

i take it you work there then? Is the training really six months? I am A320 type rated. Would that mean six months from hiring to start of Line training or start of line flying?

Also, how would the salary get to 30,000 if the basic and transportation allowance get you to 24700 + 600 (approximately) = 25300.

Doesn't the above include the 70 minimum flying hours?

mutt
29th Dec 2010, 08:00
30-40 hours Don't confuse block hours with credit hours.

they can not roster six days off in a row Industry best practice as defined by Sabre Aviation Solutions and Lufthansa Consulting both reject the concept of crews getting 6 days off in a row.......:{

Is the training really six months? Ummmmmm, 6 months if you are qualified.... maybe more :):)

30,000 Credit hours...... :):) Payment for standby, sim duties, vacation etc......

Doesn't the above include the 70 minimum flying hours? Minimum 70 CREDIT HOURS......

Mutt

747JJ
29th Dec 2010, 08:35
Many good mates sitting in Saudia City. Unfortunately I could not stop by during my last visit, but met a few in the crew centre, nicely renovated from my last visit.

Guys seem happy enough. There is no such thing as ideal company. SV suits some, some it does not. A lot I bet is what you make out of it. These days I am content with JED, it was not like that always but now I don't mind at all.

Mutt has been there for a while and his insight on all things Saudi are quite accurate and can be taken seriously.

LNAV VNAV -
30th Dec 2010, 04:18
'Ummmmmm, 6 months if you are qualified.... maybe more'

Is that until you are on line or until start of line training?

Still even if it is the latter, I don't understand what there is to learn that would take six months.

Type rating --- 2 months maximum?
FAA ATPL --- 2 weeks ?
Dangerous goods, security, LVOs, SEP, etc etc, normally 10-15 working days alltogether?

Unless you start with the forces during straight and level !! :bored:

Do you get paid these credits hours (by the way I am totally confused with this concept!) during all this training?

And another thing: I was told that I will do a medical that will take two days ! That by itself is quite scary unless I accidentally ticked the space shuttle captain instead of the A320 captain box !! :hmm:

mutt
30th Dec 2010, 06:00
Is that until you are on line Line

I don't understand what there is to learn that would take six months And that good sir will be your down fall..... IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED ON THE A320. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Do you get paid these credits hours (by the way I am totally confused with this concept!) during all this training? Ground, NO.... Line, YES.

I accidentally ticked the space shuttle captain instead of the A320 captain box ! Its a standard astronaut medical, they strive to find all sorts of things that you didn't know existed.

Mutt

merlinxx
30th Dec 2010, 06:14
Just gtrab a litre of SID and watch the water tower go balistic:E

ASFRY
30th Dec 2010, 18:40
How is the roster for the A320? Do new pilots get to do any night stops abroad or are these always taken by more senior pilots on the fleet?
Lots of night stops, specially RUH. winter time u can get european routes, but A320 mostly does domestics
How many hours flying would one expect to do and how much would the typical salary be?
the lines built right now are around 70 hrs, mainly due to sort pilots, they currently have 2 planes park cause of that
some lines have 6 days off in a row, but mostly are 4 days off max in a row
How is the roster balanced between night and day flying?
both, there is no balance
How is life in Saudi City? Is there any socializing between crews?
life in SC depens on you, familly life is ok, now for a single guy might be really boring, there isnt much to do and most off the guys will be flying so no many chances to organize anything
there are the ocasional parties with Females too (mostly pilot's wifes:\), but no alcohol so........Do female cabin crews also stay in Saudi City and do they socialize with pilots?
Female cabin crew live in the compound, but Mutt is right, pretty FA depens on how much you want to pay