PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air troubles

evileva
22nd Dec 2010, 01:28
Eva air in taiwan just fired over 100 experienced ex pat captains. They just hired 300 new F/O with less than 250 hrs total time and many new pilot pad their hours. Eva is so short of Pilots that the managment went to Mexico city to try to recruits some Amigos.
The Chief Pilot Mr Chu was replaced few day ago for his inconpetency in running this great airline to the ground. Remenber my friends, those who are thinking to go to work for them, You are a just a piece of klennex, when they are done with you, they will fire you.

Eva has had many accidents, one in Macau where the IP crased into a private jet and refused to stop for 1 hour hopping that he would be able to erase the CVR, and then after he stopped, the IP pushed the erase button 3 times and Taiwan CAA never took action against him. He is now back in Eva Air ( malasian Captain).
If CAA continue to give favor to Eva air, Many people will DIE.
SO THINK TWICE IN TREVELLING IN EVA AIR NEXT TIME.

unieva
22nd Dec 2010, 02:23
EVA and UNI (the subsidery airline of EVA) are famous in lying to all people working for them. There is a raise of salary, because of pilots here leaving very seriouly. 5 of 9 MD11 can not be taken off, because of no pilots. Pilots go to Vietnum and China. They are just cheat to those pilots from MAXICO and JAPAN. Pilots in A330 fleet left to Vietnam. Ther are only 8 FOs in the fleet. The manager here went to Vietnam Airline and tried to bribe the company not accepting pilots from EVA by IPhone 3GS and free Maintainance of EGAT here in Taiwan.
If you have other choice don't join EVA or UNI. They both are liar. They only want emploees to be slave.

hsuman
22nd Dec 2010, 02:52
Did they hire 300 expats or local Taiwan CPL holders?

JammedStab
22nd Dec 2010, 02:55
The have "just" fired 100 ex-pat captains? When? Last week? That seems like an awful lot. Or is this over several months?

Have not heard anything on this forum considering the huge number that have been let go.

unieva
22nd Dec 2010, 04:38
Since I am the local pilot here, I don't think they(the company) dare to fire so mony expat pilots here. The local pilots left a lot to Vietnam and China. The managers here even went to visit Vietnam Airline to persuade them not accepting pilots from EVA by bribng Vietnam Airline with I-Phone 3GS and free maintainace from EGAT in Taiwan. How silly they are. There are only 8 FOs in A330 fleet, because most pilots went to Vietnam. And pilots in MD11 left to CHINA. Now the company is facing a really shortage of pilots and it want to stop the leaving trend by rising the salary. Still pilots here are keep leaving, because the company don't know where the problem is. It don't pay any repect to the pilots and do everything to costdown. I feel no safe working environment here.

I know the manage dept. went to Japan and Maxico to do some recruiting to cover the shortage. Pilots from JAL or Maxico had better think about it before come to Taiwan. The company is a big liar. They want employees here to be slave not to be human. If you do have other choice, don't come here. If you are young and want to get good type rating, than come and get the job.

unieva
22nd Dec 2010, 05:00
If you only want to change your type rating, you can take EVA as a choice. If you want a pleasant working environment, EVA and UNI is the worst choice on the earth. The manage department here not only treat pilot like slave but also like to fire you as they want. They can picking on you any small detail.

JammedStab
22nd Dec 2010, 12:22
Thanks for the information. But your first post said that they fired 100 ex-pat captains. Why did these people get fired?

Landflap
23rd Dec 2010, 09:58
Well, well. Full circle. What goes around, does seem to come around. From wonderful. heady start all those years ago to a complete mess ! A mate of mine, casualty of the Air Europe demise in 1991 actually got the Eva Job subject to Medical. Some AE pilots already there, founded the AE Selection Committee (round the Pub) and decided who would, and would not, get into Eva. The AE Committee consisted of guys who failed to get jobs anywhere else. My mate was made Redundant (third time intwo years) and had to leave my own, Dutch Company.Thankfully, he quickly became re-established in a major National Carrier. He encountered an ex AE pilot who told him to forget Eva as he was "marked" and would never get in !! Well, if Ray Chang was horsing around then (1993), what chance would Eva ever have !

Here we are, full circle in 2010 & what a dreadful little company Eva has become.

Good luck to all of you out there seeking employment. Do not touch this lot !!

mach 84
23rd Dec 2010, 10:30
the EVA pilots in vietnam are doing fine, they have a good standard and are also socialable! good to have them here where they have most likely a better live than in taiwan, working pattern 6 weeks on, 2 weeks of pay close to 10k as a F/O on 777.

unieva
24th Dec 2010, 06:36
It is said that EVA is going to send every pilot in the company an I-PAD as a gift. With this gift

NOTE
1.every pilot should have the most updated manual, fleet notice, and any memorandum in the machine.

2. the little machine should be carried on board in your flight case.

3. before doing the dipatch briefing, FO and Capt should cross check each other I-PAD if all the required doucumetn in it.

WARNING, IPAD can not get into the company EP website. You should tried to fixed it by your own!! enjoy flight with IPAD.

flydog
17th Jan 2011, 23:46
has anyone else applied to EVA?