View Full Version : Notice: No AVGAS at Scone NSW

Horatio Leafblower
21st Dec 2010, 21:49
Just a quick non-NOTAM - the new AVGAS bowser at Scone hasn't been commissioned yet and the refuelling agent has re-deployed their tanker elsewhere. Another masterpiece of tendering, requisitioning and public infrastructure management by Upper Hunter Council.

There have been a number of aircraft arrive in Scone to refuel over the last couple of weeks, without joy - never mind the piston operators on the field that are now struggling to keep operating :ugh:

I am hearing rumours of problems at Cobar and Temora as well. Interesting times :*

Tinstaafl
21st Dec 2010, 22:54
Is it not possible to truck in drum fuel anymore?

triadic
21st Dec 2010, 23:47
The lack of a reliable supply of Avgas will be the No1 major problem for GA aircraft over the next few years.

As if the industry is not without problems and Govt support now!!

Jabawocky
22nd Dec 2010, 00:45
Leaffie

Buy your own tanker :ok:

Let me guess this was once a Shell outlet?

Horatio Leafblower
22nd Dec 2010, 00:46
Tinny:

If we'd had some advance notice that the truck was being sent elsewhere, we would have! :mad:

Jabba: no, it was a mongrel installation with dubious parentage between Mobil, Shell and a local operator - until Mobil disowned the tanks last year.

Buy our own tanker? Don't be daft... :E

Cactusjack
22nd Dec 2010, 00:55
Where's the TSV refueller then ? His expertise and input is required here to supply a solution to this fuelling folly ??

Jack Ranga
22nd Dec 2010, 01:10
Put friggin' huge tanks in your wings, I did :E:E

Aerodynamisist
22nd Dec 2010, 04:06
I hear the local barmaids are heartbroken now that the survey pilots pull into maitland to overnight, so it's not just the airport that suffers. Any news on when the new bowser will be up and running ?.

flyingpom
23rd Dec 2010, 00:53
I flew into Temora last weekend and refuelled without issue ( may have been due to the fact the airshow was on ).

That said I believe they had an issue with the fuel bowser a few weeks before which meant diverting elsewhere ( e.g Cootamundra etc )

skipper1981
23rd Dec 2010, 23:14
Is there a problem at Cobar? Was a private concern there with a bowser,but only small storage tanks underground.There is Jet A1 from a truck put there recently to supply Brindabella Airlines during their trial introduction of the airline service.Closing down fuel sites is not good for aviators,but unfortunately is becoming more common nowdays.Cannot imagine Temora with no fuel.Surely this is only temporary.

Jabawocky
24th Dec 2010, 00:13
When is that tanker arriving Leaffie?

Buck Rogers
24th Dec 2010, 07:23
Iv told you many times before you must escape before its to late.
Aberdeen is getting closer and I here traffic lights are now inbound for Scone.:ok:

Horatio Leafblower
24th Dec 2010, 10:17
...the new traffic lights were operational on the 18th or thereabouts, and Maccas opened at the beginning of the year - feels more like North Muswellbrook than Scone.

Re: escaping - things have suddenly taken a turn for the better and a big announcement in the new year about a new business partnership in the Scone aviation environment :D

Have a great Xmas :ok:

PS: Techs were at Scone installing the card reader on Thursday arvo :8

propblast
25th Dec 2010, 03:30
feels more like North Muswellbrook than Scone

Big call mate. Surely Scone hasn't gone that far downhill recently. Have the mullets/rats tails and tracky dacks made an appearance at a few weddings lately?:uhoh:

Horatio Leafblower
25th Dec 2010, 05:17
Big call mate. Surely Scone hasn't gone that far downhill recently. Have the mullets/rats tails and tracky dacks made an appearance at a few weddings lately?

Fair go mate... I said NORTH Muswellbrook, not South Muswellbrook :eek: