View Full Version : VPN recommendations?

stickyb
19th Dec 2010, 10:57
I am currently in Asia, and am getting very frutrated by increasing internet blocking. Can anyone recommend a VPN provider, preferably with a UK end point?

Thanks in advance

islander539
20th Dec 2010, 21:51
Google VPNUK for some information.:ok:

BillS
21st Dec 2010, 01:56
I find StrongVPN (http://strongvpn.com/) provides an extremely good service to/from the UK

mixture
21st Dec 2010, 10:52
To inject a bit of balance into this thread, I would be weary of using VPN services operated by third parties. Especially where personal data may be transmitted via the service.

You'll probably also find the sort of countries that implement web blocking also have cryptography restrictions in place and so one might also wish to consider they can spot encrypted traffic and choose to investigate further should they feel like it.

Mike-Bracknell
21st Dec 2010, 14:04
To inject a bit of balance into this thread, I would be weary of using VPN services operated by third parties. Especially where personal data may be transmitted via the service.

You'll probably also find the sort of countries that implement web blocking also have cryptography restrictions in place and so one might also wish to consider they can spot encrypted traffic and choose to investigate further should they feel like it.

I'd agree with this. Also VPN services are only as good as the IP ranges they've got that aren't yet blocked against the service you want to use.

Dan Winterland
21st Dec 2010, 15:08
I use My Private Network. Cost five squids a month through PayPal. Recently, my ISP had a go at blocking VPNs because they also provide a very expensive interenet TV service and were losing business. MPN provided an excellent service to find a way round it.

Thoroughly recommended.

El Grifo
21st Dec 2010, 15:23
Yep, StrongVPN has never let me down for a second. Being an expat I can get anything I need.

Excellent Customer support.

The even do remote set-up on your machine if you are a bit thick like me :ok:

Le Pen
24th Dec 2010, 06:52
Hi,

We use LAMNIA here in IST and it seems to work well... Pay abour 60 GBP per year for shared IP addresses (UK, USA and canada)...... And could pay double that for a dedicated one.

Regards

LP