PDA

View Full Version : Engineers in Brasil

Wrenchturner
19th Dec 2010, 01:50
looking for some help, i am not brasilian but have permanent residency there and an RNE, have maintenance licenses from other countries, my question is can someone direct me to anac or tell me if it is possible for me to acquire the brasilian maintenance engineer license even though i am not brasilian? do i need to take exams, courses or directly transfer my licenses? thanks

Soave_Pilot
19th Dec 2010, 11:46
You will need to go to their office in Sao Paulo.

Rua Renascença 112, Sao Paulo. Across the street from Congonhas airport, next to Ibis Hotel.

flyingswiss
19th Dec 2010, 11:50
Just make sure you don`t follow the ANAC signs inside Congonhas that will take you to the wrong place

Soave_Pilot
20th Dec 2010, 23:56
:} Can't believe, are they still there?

Shocking!!!

Wrenchturner
21st Dec 2010, 18:02
thanks for the responses guys, i called anac and made a request for information about my question, if it is possible for me as an estrangero with an permanent resident visa and RNE to obtain the Brasilian maintenance engineer license, and if so can I obtain it easily or do I need to take a course through a school etc...? I have an FAA A&P and Canadian M1 and M2 licenses.
they responded by directing me to these two links
Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil : Escolas de Aviação (http://www.anac.gov.br/educator/Index2.aspx)
http://www.anac.gov.br/compendio/CompendioPiloto.pdf
I have looked at both links but the dont seem to answer my questions, can anyone help?
Cheers

flyingswiss
21st Dec 2010, 18:55
It`s hard to find a straight answer with ANAC, you have to talk to many peoples before you will get the right answer. I don`t think there are many A&Ps from outside or that got the license abroad.

Try to get in touch with MAF Brazil, I`m sure they use American A&Ps for their operations in Brazil......

Wrenchturner
22nd Dec 2010, 13:26
tried to find MAF using google with no success....... little help, whats MAF?

flyingswiss
22nd Dec 2010, 21:36
MAF Reaching isolated people through aviation and technology (http://www.maf.org/)

in Brazil: Asas de Socorro (http://www.asasdesocorro.org.br/)

TOFFAIR
2nd Jan 2011, 14:47
ADS is not an empoyer, you will have to be selfsponsered, as volunteer or missionary, I have friends flying for them in Manaus, they have Brazilian licensed aircraft and operate acordingly. Seen many foreign missionaries, pilots and non pilots though!

Wrenchturner
3rd Jan 2011, 15:16
thanks for the responses, i dont think the missionary work is quite what i am interested in but thanks though...... i have contacted anac, was requested to open a query, which i did and the response i was given was a list of pilot schools and the main anac website, so today i am going to try again, if there are some brasilian engineers out there, can you please help me i would like to find out how I can get the brasilian maintenance license, i have an A&P and Canadian AME M1 M2, have an RNE and permanent resident visa, and CPF........ so is it possible for me to receive the license but just doing paperwork? or do I need to write air reg exams? or do i need to take a complete course from scratch and do an apprenticeship (not likely)? Do they recognize the EASA license, I am getting that too? anyone know or can help? i have been reading the ANAC site but still have not found an answer. also thanks for everyone who has responded so far much appreciated.

TOFFAIR
8th Jan 2011, 18:12
Get in touch with VEM/TAP or Embraer, Jet Aviation or other maintenance company that work under FAR and JAR as well. I am pretty sure that some of your licenses will be useful, but as you might have experienced ANAC is not so handy when it comes to get infos, and additionally they have changed so many regulations lately that even in the area I do have knowledge I have to review what is the latest stand all the time.
I probably dont have to mention how terrible burocratic everything in this country is :yuk:.