PDA

View Full Version : Multi IFR indian way or canadian way???

aviator86
18th Dec 2010, 23:21
Hey guys, please advise me on this,
am currently doing my flight training in canada, ill be starting my Multi rating and Multi IFR in a month. Am totally confused not sure whether to do it in indian way or canadian way. As per the DGCA in order to get a Multi IFR endorsed on the indian licence we require (correct me if am wrong) 40hours of insturement time, 50hours for X-country and few instruments hours on multi engine however if i do it the canadian way i would have to write a theory exam and do whole lot of hours on multi engine (almost 30) as well as a check ride (lot of money as well).

My friends suggested if i do it Canadian way it will be endorsed on both my indian and canadian licence which i heard would make airliners happy as i would have learnt everything throughly.

if i do it indian way it will be endorsed only on my Indian licence which the airliners wouldnt be happy about as i would have opted for a short cut but some guys said all that the airline's care for is a valid indian cpl with a multi IFR.

guys please advise me on this.
thanks everyone in advance.

superdunkaroos
19th Dec 2010, 00:54
I was in the exact same situation as you a month ago

I decided to go the whole nine yards, cost me about 3000 more than it would have..but the learning is really valuable. and as a senior pilot in India put it if you plan on working outside India the Canadian IFR rating has more weight than the Indian(literally) :D

Oh and regarding the INRAT, it is the easiest exam you will give after your PSTAR :)

when i was done with my cpl and multi i was at 9 hours of multi engine time, and with the dgca needing another 6 hours from me.. I said oh well might as well get the 13-14 more hours doing the instrument rating(group1)

*by the way which flight school are you at?

aviator86
19th Dec 2010, 01:31
thanks for sharing your thoughts. I was also think the same, doing the whole thing Canadian way would be better. I'm at harv's, what about you?

superdunkaroos
19th Dec 2010, 01:37
i'm at Boundary bay airport, Vancouver

aviator86
19th Dec 2010, 21:21
pro IFR??? did you do your multi on a Seneca??? 25hours for a multi IFR is pretty good. whats the hourly rental for multi?? can i PM you for more information???

superdunkaroos
19th Dec 2010, 21:38
sure man...i'm at pacific flying club

Multi IFR is being done on a seneca v with a garmin 430 ifr certified gps.
Hourly rate on a seneca including instructors charges comes out to around 350

killspeed
23rd Jan 2015, 11:53
howz skyquest aviation ,langley,BC.....for Multi rating only....any other recommendations?

Canuck15
23rd Jan 2015, 13:15
Do your self a favor and get the proper multi IFR beacause it's a worth it for you in the long run , it's an invaluable experience . I did it at Pro years ago not saying PFC is bad but I think PRO is probably a better choice. if you have any questions PM me .

Canuck15
23rd Jan 2015, 23:11
Go online and check yourself .....

killspeed
20th Feb 2015, 03:57
Please suggest
i need PA-34 rating and IR on the same also
i m looking for good at langley airport,BC
skyquest aviation or langley flying club?
which one to go with???