PDA

View Full Version : FlyV3

deepwater
18th Dec 2010, 16:23
Anyone heard of a startup called FlyV3 ?? Heard of the name but can't seem to find any intel on what it proposes or who is behind it.

me myself and fly
18th Dec 2010, 16:33
Richard Wixey - LinkedIn (http://uk.linkedin.com/in/richardwixey)

Martino Matijevic - LinkedIn (http://fr.linkedin.com/in/martinomatijevic)

Marketing Director

FlyV3

(Airlines/Aviation industry)
April 2008 — April 2010 (2 years 1 month)
flyV3 was a start-up regional airline intended to operate from London Oxford airport. After two years of planning and fundraising, it suspended the plans due to lack of funding.

WindBeneathMyWings
1st Jan 2011, 15:26
Came across this post. Just look at the background of these two guys

Richard Wixey

Crew Training at Easyjet
Customer Operations at Air BHX Limited
Held serveral positions with many of the UK's leading I.T and LLC airlines. (Airtours International, Flying Colours, JMC Airlines, Britannia Airways, and Excel Airways..
Martino Matijevic

IT and Marketing Director at The Travel Industry
Founder and CEO at WhichBudget
IT and Marketing Director at eTaxJobsWixey seems to have done the rounds but Matijevic does not have any airline experience. Maybe two guys who were carried away with the smell of the keroscene.

No wonder it failed to get finance

UFGBOY
2nd Jan 2011, 22:33
I was XL 5 years until the end... never heard of him !

(and spell check wouldn't hurt on the Linked in profile.. )

WhiteTailFlight
3rd Jan 2011, 14:14
I believe that Wixey was going to use an ATR 42 from Interstate Airlines run by Roberto Stinga and Nico Hemmer. Martin Halstead of Varsity Express however beat them to the off. Wixey then threw his teddy bear in the corner and even when Varsity went to the ‘airport in the sky’ refused to talk to Oxford. This even though passenger numbers had been good.

Subsequently Interstate Airlines joined Varsity in it new home.

Last heard of Wixey was that he was in ‘discussions’ with either Birmingham or Coventry. This time with NO aircraft, NO AOC and NO Post Holders.

Conclusion : Don’t hold your breathe !!

Dragon Flight
9th Mar 2011, 14:44
Just come across this and simply can't believe it !!

Wixey seems to be a jobbing HR merchant. All talk no practical experience. Wonder if he's ever smelt the keroscene. Bet you he wishes that he had kept going at Oxford. They've now extended their runway and have a great catchment area.

See the FlyV3 website now boasts of an A330. Just what planet does he think he's on. THe waiting time for new equipment is long to say the least as existing carriers are buying and the leasing companies would'nt give him the time of day or require such deposits that it would make it a non starter.

And nobody likes a startup. Just what routes does FlyV3 intend to operate. One has to ask if they are anything like profitable why have'nt existing carriers started on them already

As said 'Pipe Dreams in the Sky !!'

clareview
10th Mar 2011, 18:23
Sounds like the sort of comments we would have heard 17 years ago about Stelios who or Michael O'who or 25 years ago Richard who?. All the big guys started small and everyone deserves a chance

c52
10th Mar 2011, 19:50
I'm inclined to think, if the Marketing dept. can't spell, why should I trust anyone else in the organisation to be good at their job.

Dragon Flight
19th Mar 2011, 13:34
In response to Clareview Stelios and Richard had substantial funding behind them. Stelios from his family and Richard through non areospce ventures. Michael had the backing of the old Guiness Peat.

What's Wixley got. I doubt he's got much behind him or access to substantial sums. Startups were never easy to get going.

More importantly is who are his team ?? From those mentioned in the threads think that they would best be suited to opening a local McDonnalds. As one whose actually seen it all having an HR man as CEO would make me steer well clear of flying for them