PDA

View Full Version : Salary Update!

Thrust
17th Dec 2010, 19:26
Just off the wire;

Ladies and Gentlemen

SALARY NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE

As you are aware, we have been in salary negotiations all of this week. AOA Australia, AOA Canada and the HKAOA were all separately represented during the negotiations, and an independent Bargaining Representative from Australia was also present.

The talks have been constructive and this morning the Company presented an offer in response to the proposals presented by your Associations.

After several hours of detailed study and further negotiations, your Negotiating team was able to accept the Company's offer, which will now be presented to the three General Committees with a recommendation for acceptance. It will take some time, but hopefully not too long, for the respective GC's to decide on the recommendation from the Negotiating Team, after which the membership will be asked to vote on the offer.

More, detailed information will be circulated to you as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience over the past few months since we first submitted our proposals on salary increases.

John Findlay

Assistant General Secretary Professional

for and of behalf of the Negotiating Team for

AOA Australia, AOA Canada and the HKAOA

17 December 2010.

nitpicker330
17th Dec 2010, 20:17
Oh yeah.................lets not hold our breath:confused:

It couldn't be that quick surely?

The Messiah
17th Dec 2010, 20:41
When we get updates, let's keep it out of he public domain please guys
WTF is wrong with you people?

Yeager
17th Dec 2010, 20:49
The mess(iah),

You dont get any pay increase, dont be silly. You are lucky enough just to be around! :D

Air Profit
17th Dec 2010, 20:58
Excuse my language....but why doesn't everybody just STFU for a few days and let the AOA communicate the offer, with either an acceptance or rejection recommendation. It would seem to me that for the AOA to suggest that an offer is worthy of acceptance means that there is probably a reasonable offer on the table. Once we see the details, then we can offer comment. To be either critical or supportive at this stage is pointless. The AOA committee is working on our behalf without any payment or reward....show them some respect. :ugh:

(if it is a good offer, I would deeply desire that it only went to AOA members, and not the freeloaders that are usually the first to complain about their lot...:mad:)

Bye Bye Baby
17th Dec 2010, 21:37
Thrust, why oh why is that email of any relevance to anyone other than those it was sent to. I have never seen a professional group make public it's negotiations while still in the negotiating stage.
Seriously what are you doing? Is it an ego thing........... I'm the first to see it.?
It is an internal email to the union membership otherwise John would have just sent it as an open letter in all the HKG newspapers.

Flaps10
17th Dec 2010, 21:49
I agree with Bye Bye...

I'd like to think CX pilots are smarter than this.

Sit on your hands for a few days and let the AOA do it's job.

bobrun
17th Dec 2010, 23:16
What's the point in copying the email notification here??? We all got a copy anyway. Even the company has sent a note to all already.

Plain dumb, that's what it is.

Harbour Dweller
17th Dec 2010, 23:23
Thrust,

Back to the idiot's village for you :mad:

PNM
18th Dec 2010, 00:40
Ditto for the sentiment directed towards Thrust. You're a fool.

Captain Dart
18th Dec 2010, 02:01
Maybe he fancies himself as a 'Julian Assange'.

A very poor copy.

LongTimeInCX
18th Dec 2010, 03:27
Thrust my dear chap,

What the other chappies are trying to say, (apart from the fact a village is clearly missing its beloved idiot) is that - because even the non-members will get an update from the company, the aspects of communication to the members from the Association should really be kept out of the public, non-members and journalists domain.

So with the greatest respect, please think before you post, and ffs man - get a grip!

yokebearer
18th Dec 2010, 03:41
As much as our esteemed recruitment dept "only hires the best" I guess this is a prime example of them getting it wrong.

THRUST I Cat D you. Effective immediately.

crwjerk
18th Dec 2010, 05:20
come on leave him alone, he's managed ONE post per year. He won't be replying here then....! Until next year anyway.

Thrust
18th Dec 2010, 07:49
There's an offer on the table. Big deal. The AOA, which I have supported for over 20 years, have already turned down a better deal for COS08 without as much as a member vote. I don't expect great things but who gives a sh1t that the news is out that something has come of a process that is years late. Get off your high horses.

Private Pile
18th Dec 2010, 08:10
Perhaps the avoidance of copying and pasting company emails/memos when it comes to in-house discussions on pay and conditions (or even aircraft incidents!!!) might be worth a consideration!? Think the AOA forum is a better place to get into the nitty-gritty...

F_one
18th Dec 2010, 19:37
Thrust,

Poor soul, you're such a wannabe:{

You were so eager to get your name on PPrune, you even posted the copied email in 2 different threads.

My advice to you, sit back, relax and grow up

FO4EVA
18th Dec 2010, 23:26
Thrust- you're a ******.

The only people it's relevant to, have received the email. Why would you post it?

knob :ugh:

jed_thrust
19th Dec 2010, 20:59
He's a management plant, here to do their dirty work for them.

Now they can rant and rave about our lack of professional concern for the proper conduct of negotiation process. :ugh:

sirhcttarp
20th Dec 2010, 08:40
Dart,

Too bad swedish women don't care for CX secret negotiations.... I guess Thrust will have to settle for lady boys in wanchai.... Hope he INSISTS on using condoms!

Waterskier
20th Dec 2010, 09:42
The secrecy is getting a bit old... keep checking my inbox for the next AOA update describing the offer.

nitpicker330
20th Dec 2010, 09:50
Take it to the AOA forums........

Anybody here that isn't on the AOA list doesn't deserve to know let alone get any pay rise.

Yeager
20th Dec 2010, 20:23
Take it a bit easy on Thrust boys.. Why dont you get a fuc.ing life yourselves. He can post whatever he wants its not up to you to decide. You may not like it - BUT - hey, you have to live with it. Discuss the topic instead of the reasons for "printing" it.
Don't loose the focus. Is it a secret this or?? :p

404 Titan
20th Dec 2010, 21:18
Yeager

I know you might want to know what is happening here since you left, well done for that decision by the way, but until both sides want to make a public statement on the negotiations and how they went then it shouldn’t be made public. Having some member think it is cool to let everyone know what is going on only undermines our efforts. Rule 101 in industrial relations; don’t put in the public eye anything you don’t want there.

Steve the Pirate
21st Dec 2010, 00:10
Where can I find the first 100 rules of industrial relations?

STP

404 Titan
21st Dec 2010, 00:46
Steve the Pirate

Where can I find the first 100 rules of industrial relations?

You could go and do a degree in industrial relations or if you can’t do that speak to someone that has or if that fails Google.

Controlled communications is vital in any industrial relations campaign. People opening their mouths without it being sanctioned by the union in our case, makes us appear disorganised and ultimately weakens us which obviously isn’t in out interest.

Do you think the company releases unsanctioned press releases? They are very disciplined when it comes to this even though it may be deliberate lies designed to mislead other employees and turn the public against us.

Steve the Pirate
21st Dec 2010, 01:01
I was joking... However, I do agree with you 101% :)

STP