PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a documentary-way video about Airline Dispatch ??

SU-Dispatcher
17th Dec 2010, 18:35
Hi

Does anybody have a video or a link to a video about the airline dispatch in a documentary way ??? just like videos for most airline such the one of Captain Alan ( Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747-400 ) ..

Inspecthergadget
18th Dec 2010, 08:25
Not yet but i've often thought that an insight to an Airline Ops department would make a wonderful documentary.
It would be a brave company to go down this road and let the camera's in as most airlines are very secretive about how they do things.

However, should a Television company be interested in such a venture i'm sure there are a number of people reading pprune who could and would offer their services on a consultancy basis to get such a project off the ground.

desertopsguy
18th Dec 2010, 08:48
I think such a documentary would have to be 'R' rated for profanity.. :E

"Who the :mad: does that underworked & overpaid :mad: think he is calling sick 30 :mad:ing mins prior to sign on!"

Just a small sample of what can regularly be heard.. You could solve global hunger by putting a swear jar in every ops room in the world :}

SU-GCM
18th Dec 2010, 20:23
@Desertopsguy

+1

DXR
19th Dec 2010, 09:03
short one on youtube from Southwest

YouTube - Inside Southwest Airlines: Flight Planning and Dispatch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDT7SSQxFng)

Vld1977
27th Dec 2010, 02:47
Great soundtrack. ;)