View Full Version : What u think is the best A320 for Flight Simulator 2004?

jose_harleys
17th Dec 2010, 12:40
Hi there, as i said in the title, i would like to know what u consider more real for flight simulator:
* the one of PSS
* PSS panel+iDFG model
* the one of airliner XP
* the one of wilco
* the one of eurowings
* the one of air simmers,
or even any which is not in the list.

I mean, in one hand for flying, and in the other about the systems, and practising normal operation.
thank you very much

DL-EDI
17th Dec 2010, 17:08
Wasn't the Airliner XP one abandoned some time ago?

I have the interim Air Simmer version but it's not fully functional yet and there are some erm... "issues"... with what they have released. If they pull it off, it'll be streets ahead of the other offerings (PMDG-style), in terms of both the FBW and the systems modelling but I'm not holding my breath. :bored:

I'm not in a position to compare any of them to the Real Thing, though.

StratMatt777
18th Dec 2010, 12:00
I have not tried any of those but I just bought the Wilco PIC 737 Classic which is half price right now ($25) and am REALLY impressed by the flight model! The worked with a 737 Captain to develop the product and he made sure the flight model was perfect.

I am not a 737 pilot, I am a severely under employed CFI waiting for airlines to call me, but a friend who is a 737-400 Captain told me what the power settings are suposed to be for various speeds and flap settings and I think it is really close. I also have an in the cockpit video of a 737-400 (and a couple others) for maximum nerd factor! :ok:

IF Wilco had an A320 pilot verify the flight model it is probably good, but I know that a lot of simmers LOVE the PMDG stuff.

My computer can't run the PMDG stuff. By the way, I'm running FSX, but the Wilco PIC works on 2004 also.

Pugilistic Animus
18th Dec 2010, 17:30
Is this really a thread for Techlog?...perhaps spotter's balcony...this is a serious place...Nobody cares!:=

DL-EDI
18th Dec 2010, 18:23
Is this really a thread for Techlog?

I wouldn't have thought so. After waiting a few hours, I only replied on the assumption that it would be moved rather than deleted.

StratMatt777
18th Dec 2010, 18:25
Yes. I, for one, am absolutely furious about this matter.

Wjh308
19th Dec 2010, 03:07
This will be the best A320 for FSX period. You can rank it on par with PMDG and Level D. Flight Sim Labs, Ltd. (http://www.flightsimlabs.com/)
It is in development, but don't let that keep you from trying their Concorde.
As I understand it, the owner of this company is former PMDG.

Superpilot
20th Dec 2010, 10:28
All have their faults but when it comes to flight model and smoothness of guages it's Wilco/FeelThere.

PSS's FMGC implementation is the most realistic of all of them and it's one of the older models too!

Airsimmer - pure piece of crap and overhyped (by the vendor themselves) junk.

Cubs2jets
20th Dec 2010, 11:30
I would have thought Air India or Kingfisher hsd the best A-320 pilot simulation. :}

C2j

DL-EDI
20th Dec 2010, 16:24
This will be the best A320 for FSX period.

I'll keep an eye out for that.

Though I've seen mixed reviews on how well the FBW is modelled in the Wilco version, I might consider it in the meantime.

Edit: OK, Superpilot, according to your profile you might be in a reasonable position to judge. :ok: