PDA

View Full Version : Reviewer for Flight Dispatch, FAA, JAA, GCAA

Jech
14th Dec 2010, 21:31
hello to all,

I need a reviewer/resources for Flight dispatch recurrency exam. which i will take in Philippines CAAP to renew my 2 years expired Flight dispatch License during my 1 month vacation this coming March.

(Does anyone know what is the requirement/procedure for the recurrency exam?)

wasnt able to convert my License (GCAA) here and i can't apply as a Assistant Flight dispatch.

i'am currently employed as a flight support/flight operation of charter cargo flight, almost a year now (thanks to PPRUNE and good guys who refer me here ). but my aim is to get hired as a Flight Dispatcher. (and if got more lucky and saved enough money, i would study flying)

For those who are curiuos about me, here's my background.
i got two certificate in the Phil as a Flight dispatcher from two different flying school. my knowledge about Flight Dispatch from my first school (which i believed) is insufficient urged me to enrol in my 2nd school.

unfortunately, still unemployed. and read/post thread here in PPRUNE.
luckily, someone refer me and there i got my very 1st job in aviation industry as a flight operaions/flight support.

Pls advice where can i get reviewers or manuals to refresh my mind.
i certainly forgot some aviation subjects and i just want to read 'em during my free time.

Thanks in advance...

desertopsguy
15th Dec 2010, 09:31
Hi,

Here is a link to the latest FAA PTS
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/airmen/test_standards/media/FAA-S-8081-10C.pdf

It will give you a good idea of what you need to know and from there you can determine what areas you feel weak on.

Some of the texts required to brush up on these topics are available online for free e.g weigh & balance can be downloaded as can Aviation Weather Services...I think, not sure.

I don't want to promote piracy or anything but if you are strapped for cash then you can download Jeppesen's chart training course plus the entire JAA ATPL course of manuals entirely free from any of the Torrent sites.

Good luck.
D.O.G