PDA

View Full Version : Lion Air

Metro78
14th Dec 2010, 07:46
Hello!

I do not know if this the usual way to ask for these topics but I am new in the forum.

I am trying to find out about the local conditions for First Officers offered by this company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. I would be very grateful if anybody could help me out.

On the other hand, I apologize if this is not the right way to use the forum and would appreciate if someone could tell me how to post these issues.

Nice flights!

PT6A
14th Dec 2010, 07:48
VERY VERY poor, if your an expat the only way they will look at you is if you pay them ia Eagle Jet etc.

PT6A

Metro78
14th Dec 2010, 08:06
Thanks, PT6A,

Sorry to bother you so much but could you please be more specific?

Thanks in advence!

latetonite
14th Dec 2010, 10:15
I would like to know how are the conditions an lifestyle for contract captains..

indonesia
1st Jan 2011, 17:28
Hello,
I am a german pilot, better said Cabin Attendant of Lufthansa with ATPl!

I am looking to get a job at Lion Air, too. The information which I had is that you obtain the typerating for the Boeing 737NG at CAE for 29.000 Euros, then you live in Jakarta in the Harmoni Apartemen Komplex, paid by Lion Air! They pick you up to the airport and drive you home again while on duty, you fly around 90 hours a month with a salary of around 26 Million Rupiah, which is about 1800 Euros per month. Sounds not much, b ut considering the fact that they pay everything for you, this money is really 100% to your disposal!

But now I read that Lion Air works together with Eagle Jet, like that they would get Copilots for free, and I would not do that as I have to raise up a family of four!

If you have any more questions, please feel free and contact me on [email protected] or mobile +49 163 72 12 697

Good luck and please tell me, if you have success!
Philipp

training wheels
2nd Jan 2011, 02:07
The working for free thing with Lion Air is only for low timers who apply through the Eagle Jet program for an NG type rating. If you're experienced, I don't think you'll have to do that. You should get the benefits as you've stated above.