PDA

View Full Version : indian class-1 medical doubt

pooja_flygurl
13th Dec 2010, 21:46
can someone please help me out with these :

1.before applying for the indian CPL/IR , do you need a current class-1 medical in hand or if you have done the class-1 medical and get a waiver from the hospital that u are fit , will this be accepted when applying for the licence ?

2. usually how long does it take to get the results once u finish ur class-1 medical in a apollo/Maxwell ?

3. if u apply for converting FRTOL into indian RTR , how lond does it take to get the 20yrs RTR ?

4. And what exactly is this PMR forwarding or sumthin ? after getting a class-2 medical and file number what exactly should i do next to apply for class-1 ????

dragstar
14th Dec 2010, 03:37
@pooja_flygurl

You have to attach the latest valid Medical Assessment from DGCA while applying for an Indian CPL.
All AF CME's give you a medical fit certificate immediately after your medical examination. Then they send your PMR file back to DGCA and it takes anywhere between 45-90 days for DGCA to respond and send your medical assessment FIT certificate.
I am not aware of FRTOL to Indian RTR for 20 years but I am sure any govt. process will be minimum 45days.
PMR stands for Previous Medical Record. The PMR file is to be forwarded to the medical center where you plan to go undergo medical examination.Hope this helps.

pooja_flygurl
14th Dec 2010, 05:55
so with just a medically fit letter from Airforce medical centre , am i eligible to apply for the conversion licence or should i wait till i get the medical assesment in hand from DGCA ?

And before i do the test in Airforce centre or private hospital how do i ask dgca to formard the PMR to the hospital ??

capt.xyz
14th Dec 2010, 11:00
yes , you can apply for licence with the hospital certificate i.e. CA-35 , u dont need to wait for your dgca assessment for that.

For forwarding PMR , write a application to forward your PMR indicating your file number , desired medical center and date of medical and you have to give this application atleast 45 days in advance so that your PMR reach before your medical date.

capt.xyz
14th Dec 2010, 11:03
To
The Deputy Director (Administration),
PMR Cell
Air Safety Building
DGCA Technical Centre, Directorate General Civil Aviation
Aurbindo Marg (Opposite Safdarjung Airport)
New Delhi – 110 003

SUBJECT: FORWARDING OF PMR TO MEDICAL EXAMINATION CENTRE

Name of Licence Holder :
Postal Address :
Telephone Number (Mobile / Landline) :
Email Address :
Details of Licence :
DGCA PMR File No :
Date of Previous Medical Exam :
Intended date of Medical Exam :
Medical Centre where PMR is to be sent :
Kindly post the PMR to medical center

siddu.pon
14th Dec 2010, 14:07
3. if u apply for converting FRTOL into indian RTR , how lond does it take to get the 20yrs RTR ?

i dont think one can get 20 years valid cop by converting foreign Frtol. generally the laps date will depend on tht person foreign CPL n FRTOL, which ever is early.
n you need COP 1st to get cpl n frtol (indian one) ...