PDA

View Full Version : jet airways

frogloulou
13th Dec 2010, 13:06
gents

I am thinking of joining jet airways (india)as an expat dec 737.usual questions:
base ,salary,terms and conditions,ambiance,roster,possibility to move family.etc..
thanks.

flydoc
6th Jan 2011, 10:19
Hi, it seems no body knows them or what might be the reason they are calm. I put similar quest yesterday, and nothng. Just a little some masalama is postsing at Asian forum here. Plese, let me know when you find anything.

Turbinator_PT6A
7th Jan 2011, 13:21
hello.... its saddening its so quiet on your thread and million posts on some other useless threads running on the forum...

I fly corporate... so wont be of much help in providing you on any info pertaining to jet airways specifically, but if you are looking for some info on living conditions in India then may be i could provide a few insights. PM me if you have anything to ask on that front.
Cheers and a pre - welcome to India!

P.S.: In my opinion Jet airways is a premium airline.... finest of the lot.. again my personal opinion.

FBW390
7th Jan 2011, 20:18
Hi,
Expect base BOM initially or elsewhere in India, salary 8 or 9 KUSD, 8 weeks ON- 2weeks Off for sure. Ticket with Jet to BRU, trip to your home in Europe paid.
For children in India? No idea! Some do it, I wouldn' t. Depends...
Expect unstable roster during your 8 weeks ON , and overtime pay...
Warning: stay with your employer while after the assessment they ask for the security clearance: it' s 3 months! Welcome to Indian bureaucracy!

Hope this helps!

FBW390

fullforward
7th Jan 2011, 22:43
Expect very HARD WORK on 737. Be prepared to fly 6 days on, 1 day off, 4 to 5 sectors a day, you'll be used to the limit on your 8 weeks. Congested traffic, lot's of night flying, moonson etc.
India is not for beginners: ATC is terrible (in all senses); gigantic, incredible bureaucracy; general environment is agressive. Big cities are dirty, polluted, traffic is chaotic. Decent places to stay costlier than in Switzerland.
Do not ever think about bringing family if you come from a western country: you'll certainlly risk your marriage.

On the other hand, company is OK, nice folks, good environmnet.

One final word: you gonna miss home sooner than you expected.