PDA

View Full Version : Options after passing PPL

danedz62
13th Dec 2010, 12:08
Hi, this is my first post so excuse me if I come across a bit unknowledgable.

I am 23 and I have always wanted to become a pilot (sounds cliché I know but it's true). When I left school I did my AS levels and decided to gain a professional qualification before I would then turn my dream job into an achievable reality. I am now a qualified accountant and this is a great qualification to have behind me. But what I really want to do is fly planes.

I started my PPL last week and am looking forward to my next lesson this Saturday.

I am still finding out lots of things all the time but basically I would like to ask what are the options after I complete my PPL, hopefully within the next year. I know I can go on to become a commercial pilot afterwards but at great expense and I was wondering if airlines look for people who have a PPL and take them on from that point? Will it help me to find a job once I've completed it. I am financing this myself so I really want/need to know the realistic oppurtunites that could arise from this before I put a lot of money into learning to fly.

I hope some of you who read this will take the time to reply as any of your knowledge would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from any of you.

I am learning at MASF in Cambridge, United Kingdom.

Thanks

Jabiman
13th Dec 2010, 12:24
This is a US website but still a good read:
Typical Career Paths - The Truth About the Profession (http://thetruthabouttheprofession.weebly.com/typical-career-paths.html)