PDA

View Full Version : fATPL with minimum hrs

scanavos
12th Dec 2010, 21:44
Can someone tell me the minimum number of hrs (on real plane and on FNPT sim) required to fulfill the requirements for the CPL MEP/IR?
Is there any difference in the above flight time between modular and integrated?
May I fly the night training during my IR training or is better during my CPL training?

Am oriented to do the following:
Take 25 hrs dual training and 2 hrs solo (solo in the traffic pattern) for the PPL.
Then I will fly 20 hrs x-country for the PPL.
Then I will take skill test for the PPL.

So I will have to fly 80 hrs x-country flights as hrs buildup.

Then I will take my 20 hrs CPL training. In this training I will include the Night Qualification.

Then I will take the IR training. 15 hrs on aeroplane and 40 hrs FNPT.

Then 5 hrs for class rating (MEP)

Then 3 hrs on a MEP and 12 hrs MEP/FNPT.

Then I will take the CPL/MEP-IR skilltest

Totals: 142 hrs SEP and 8 hrs MEP (total 150 hrs on real planes) and 52 hrs FNPT. Skilltests time not included (let's say 4 hrs).

Is this the shortest training I can do?

May I have your objections please?

ReverseFlight
13th Dec 2010, 02:57
With utmost respect, most Ppruners would probably agree with me that flying is a competency thing. I have never come across anyone who can get away with the minimum hours and get a decent job afterwards.

ElitePilot
14th Dec 2010, 12:30
Couldnt agree more its competency. But at the same time those stated are minimum hours and in my opinion its unrealistic to expect to get it on those hours quoted. I'd budget for more plus are things like 170a's included? (pre skill test, test)
Each course CPL/IR is approved by the authority and one school maybe approved to do more or less flying in sim compared to real plane so lots of variables there.