PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings ATP - Age limit?

Okavango
12th Dec 2010, 17:17
Is there an age limit, either formal or informal, to being accepted on this scheme? Also interested to know if anyone has been successfully placed as I'd guess the cadets are in front of the queue?

Gafanhoto
12th Dec 2010, 17:43
Hi,

I received and email from CTC saying i've passed the phase 1 of the ATP program and now will have to attend to a assessement somewhere in southampton in CTC "head-quarters".

Even if i pass the assessement, i will have to pay the AQC + JOC, that it's basically a MCC in king air 200, wich i already have so i will not learn anything new... and the bad thing is i'll have to pay more 8kŁ...

In the end of the email they are very clear saying that currently there isn't any airline demand that they cannot answer through the CTC CADET pool... so...... i really dont think it's a good business right now....

portsharbourflyer
12th Dec 2010, 18:42
The age limit use to be 34,however not sure if that still stands anymore due to age discrimination laws.

However althought the ATP scheme has gained many people in employment there is also the gamble that you could spend the money to be left with no useful additional rating out of it.

Sciolistes
12th Dec 2010, 22:30
There is no age limit anymore.

clunk1001
13th Dec 2010, 11:43
Yes, yes, for years now everyone in Europe smiles and nods and states “there are no age limits”.

Which is why I’m sure we’re all familiar with the sight of the 50 year old modular student with a bunch of 19 year old integrated students swinging from his long beard asking him what life was like during the war as they dance hand-in-hand their collective “no age limits” jig to the sim.

But back in reality land, I’d be interested to see evidence of anyone over 35 getting through (bearded or no), and subsequently being placed.